Sprint to the Waifus!

Start from the beginning

Hajime: It seems like a lot of fun.

Y/n: What does?

Hajime: Being an ultimate student. Having a talent...people look up to you guys. Here I am...with nothing.

Y/n's eyes narrowed. He followed Hajime's gaze, and noticed he was watching Chiaki practicing with Sonia. Y/n chuckled a bit, realizing what was going on instantly.

Y/n: You don't think your good enough to be friends with her huh? Hell, you might even want to be more.

Hajime: H-Huh!? I didn't say anything about Chiaki!?

Y/n: I didn't say anything about her either.

Hajime: ...

Hajime blushed a bit and looked away.

Hajime: Let's say I was given a chance...a chance to be an ultimate like you guys. What would you think then?

Y/n: Talent isn't about chance Hajime. It's about what comes from you, the real you. Not some superficial bullshit.

Y/n stood up quickly, and stared at Hajime with an intense expression. Hajime felt a lump in this throat. When he had first met Y/n, he just assumed he was some jokester, a guy who didn't seem to care about anything. Was that all a façade? How much did he really know the guy?

Y/n: You want to be an ultimate Hajime?

Hajime: M-More than anything.

Y/n sighed in disappointment.

Y/n: That thought right there, is the reason why you'll never be one.

Hajime's eyes bugged out, as Y/n walked away and began talking to his classmates once more. Hajime too stood up, his eyes fixed on the ground.

Was he wrong for wanting a talent? No, that wasn't the problem. He was wrong for thinking that he needed one. He didn't need a talent to be special....he just needed to be him. Hajime's deep thought, stopped him from realizing someone was talking to him.

When he finally took notice of them he gasped in surprise.

Hajime: C-Chiaki!? What are you doing here?

Chiaki: What am I doing at my own school talking to a friend?

Hajime: Ah right, I guess that wouldn't be weird.

Chiaki: Are you okay Hajime? You look stressed.

Hajime thought for a moment, and he shook his head.

Hajime: I'm okay now, but I have to ask...why do keep talking to me? I'm not an ultimate like you or your friends. I'm nobody special.

Chiaki: That's not true at all!

Hajime was taken aback by Chiaki's sudden outburst.

Chiaki: You are an ultimate to me! The Ultimate Hajime!

Hajime: Ultimate Hajime?

Chiaki: That's right, because nobody can be a better Hajime then you. Even if somebody had all the talents in the world.

Hajime blushed slightly, and smiled. He hugged Chiaki suddenly, but she didn't seem to mind. Y/n watched from a distance with a gentle grin.

Hajime: Thank you Chiaki. I'll be the best Hajime the world will ever see!

Chiaki smiled at this.

Sonia: Chiaki!

The two were thrown off guard by Sonia's sudden shout.

Sonia: I'd like to ask if we could continue to further develop a three leg running skills!

Chiaki laughed a bit and gave Hajime a nod before running back to her classmate.

Hajime watched the two leave with a smile, his smile slowly fell when they were out of sight. He pulled out his phone and opened up an email that he had received the other day. When he had received it, he was delighted, but now, he saw no reason to keep it.

He deleted the email casually, and made his way back to his class, ready more than ever to win this Sports Day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

You all thought I was dead didn't you! Alas I am still alive and kicking. I'm just going to take my time writing from now on, maybe an update will happen tomorrow, maybe it will happen in two years, who knows!

Welp see ya, hope you enjoyed this new update.

I'm going to focus on my Danganronpa story exclusively for now, but I'll probably go back to the Food Wars story sooner or later see ya!