Back to School and Stupid Rules

Y/n walked down the path to Hope's Peak by himself. He yawned slowly as he tried his best to keep himself awake. He had gotten so used to waking up later due to the break he was on. Now he had to wake up earlier again, and his body wasn't ready for it.

???: I said stay back!

Y/n's ears perked up when he heard what sounded like a girl speaking firmly to someone nearby. He pulled out his phone and began to browse through different anime songs.

Y/n: Not my problem. Getting into fights is NOT on my bucket list.

Y/n walked past the vending machines near the school, which is where said confrontations was happening. He recognized the girl that the two guys were hitting on. He had spoken to her on the first day.

Y/n: Oh yeah, it's that one cute girl I stared at. Pretty sure I head the teacher call her Asahina?

The two upperclassmen noticed him and they turned around quickly.

Bully 1: What, you got a problem?

Bully 2: Dude! This is that otaku! That weird guy who does those odd posses in the mirror.

Y/n: THOSE ARE WARM UP POSSES!

Y/n sighed.

Y/n: Look don't mind me, I'm not trying to get involved with your lover's quarrel or whatever with her.

Bully 1: The hell are you talking about? We ain't hitting on her.

Bully 2: Yeah, the only thing remotely nice about her is that rack she's packing, tomboy's like her are too much work.

Y/n: Hm? Then what was going on?

Bully 1: That girl down there was pretty cute, so we were asking her if she wanted to go out after school.

Y/n: Another girl?

Y/n looked down to where the other student was pointing and he saw none other than Chihiro, slumped back shaking in fear while staring at the two upperclassmen. Y/n went silent.

Asahina: I saw what they were doing and I was trying to get them to back off, Chihiro wants nothing to do with you!

Bully 2: That ain't true, she wants us and she just doesn't know it yet.

Y/n clenched his fists tightly. He pulled out his earbuds and tossed his phone to Asahina. She caught it, albeit sluggishly.

Y/n: Asahina right?

Asahina: That's right?

Y/n: Can you do me a favor and call an ambulance?

Asahina: An ambulance, why?

Y/n cracked his knuckles and took a step toward his upperclassmen.

Y/n: I've got a few....pests to take care of.

The other students laughed a bit as Y/n got closer.

Bully 1: You got a death wish you stupid otaku?

Y/n: I am an otaku...but as for being stupid...

Y/n uppercut the bully straight in the jaw, knocking him out surprisingly quickly.

Y/n: I'm afraid you'll have to take a look in the mirror.

The other bully took a step back. Y/n grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him back.

Y/n: Now where do you think you're going~

Bully 2: Wait! Wait! I'M SORRY! WAAIIIIIIT!

The sound of a loud clang rang throughout the area, and it was soon met with silence.