The Madison's

"Hello, Emma. How are you? I saw your message. I am fine and I just checked out of the hospital a few days ago. I know you are wondering why I am sending this to you instead of calling so I will just get straight to the point; what happened in the school? Is there something I should know? Maybe when we meet you will tell me all about it. Okay? Call me."

"Hello, Emma. Why haven't you called me? Is it because of him? If so find a way to sneak out of the house so that we can talk alright? I will be waiting for you in the school."

"You know what you are Emma? You are a self-sacrificing b!tch. I hate you. Caroline chewed me out when she heard what happened. How I was able to lose to that bastard, I will never know. What I do know is...you did something. You should have just let me die instead of accepting him to be your boyfriend! Look at what you have done! Gosh, you are so stupid!"

"Hello, Emma? Look, I am sorry for what I said. You know, about you being a self-sacrificing bitch. Let's meet in the school and talk it out okay? Caroline is waiting for you too."

I looked at the time on my phone and see it was 8 PM. 'Jake said he would be home by 10 PM. I hope that drawer has the information I need.'

As soon as I was inside the office, I drawers and start searching.

'Shoot! What is Malcolm's surname?' I ask looking through the M section. 'Why didn't he use computers instead?'

"Because I am computer illiterate." a voice said making me jump. I look behind me and see the ghost standing with his hands behind his back and looking like a gentleman.

"Besides, you are not going to find anything there." He said. "His file was terminated once he left the school."

"He...he left the school?" I ask.

"He was expelled." He explains. "He was not a good student because he was always flunking his test and exams and constantly getting into trouble."

"So he was a delinquent," I ask.

"Yes, but he was good at sports." He made a gesture with his hand and a drawer opened. I watched in awe as a yellow file floated out of it and landed in my hands.

'So he is the one responsible for the paranormal activity here.' I open it and see a picture of a young girl with green eyes and brown pigtails.

"But if you want to know more about them, you should meet Caroline." He said turning his back to me. "She is waiting for you in her room."

Then he disappeared. I take a look at the file, close it and walk toward the room.

"I have been expecting you," she said once I opened the door.

I keep my mouth shut.

"What happened between you and Gwen?" she asks taking a seat. Alice was sitting on a bean bag by the corner and toying with her phone.

I tell her everything and see the anger in her eyes.

"And you agreed?" she yells.

"What was I supposed to do?" I ask back. "He wanted to kill her!"

"So?"

My eyes widened. "So?"

Caroline's facial expression changed. She stood up and walked towards the window.

"This is bad." She says. "I did not want him to be a part of this."

I stay silent for a moment. "Gwen didn't tell you about him blackmailing me did she?"

"No, she didn't. Why didn't you tell me?"

I stared at the shocked expression on her face and knew it was a lie but calling her out was not the option at this point.