Stalker

The smell of rotten meat filled the room and it nauseated me. Covering my nose, I take a closer look at the corpse and notice the blood was thick and dark.

'Blood can only look like that once someone or something is decaying.' I purse my lips to keep the contents in my stomach down. 'It looks like she has been dead for a long time so how was she...'

Then the door burst open and a doctor wearing a blood-stained lab coat with blood on his gloves appeared. Taking one look at us, he screamed, "Imposters!"

Stan reacted quickly by swinging his baseball bat at him aiming for his head. The doctor gasped once he was struck and when it was removed, blood gushed out and he fell to the floor.

Grinning, he wiped the blood from his forehead. "Looks like I did it again."

I knew better than to look at said 'Doctors' corpse but I did. His blood was red like a normal human but his body was pale. However, what caught my eye was the name tag on his lab coat and my eyes grew wide after reading it.

"Stan you killed him!"

He rolled his eyes. "Well yeah? He is dead isn't he?"

"No! You killed Dr. Ben Francis!" I point at the body. "That is him right there!"

He looked bewildered at first then shrugged. "Well, he did not introduce himself."

A mixture of anger and fear bubbled up inside me making it hard to choose but just as I was about to tell him off he swung his weapon to my face.

"Look big tits, I don't take orders from anyone and I don't like people scolding me. So if you don't want to end up like him, shut it!"

I wanted to slap away his weapon and tell him off but one look in his eyes rendered me speechless. It was filled with bloodlust; an unspeakable desire to kill adding to the sadistic look on his face.

Suddenly a loud sound erupted through the building and the lights in the room turned flickered. We run through the door taking us back to the room where the patients were but they surprised us by trying to grab us the minute we stepped into the room.

Stan was the first to break free from their grip and attack them. "It's about time we had some fun."

Despite the scratches, I break free and grab the nearest weapon I could see and cut one in half.

'I do not know what an axe is doing in a hospital but I am thankful it's here.' I decapitate another one and blood pours out like a fountain. 'They all look like the woman looking for her eyes. Maybe they were weak from staying in bed for a long time?'

We killed them and run out of the room were joined by Gwen and Alice while looking for the exit who looked tired.

"Why are you guys covered in blood?" asked Gwen.

"It's a long story," I say as we hear an explosion causing the building to shake. "But we have to leave now!"

We run past the rooms and get to the exit but it was blocked by the doctors and nurses all bowing kneeling and bowing their heads bowed causing us to stop in our tracks.

"What the..."

"Awe how cute," Stan ran towards them. "It's a good thing you are saying your last prayers!"

"Stan wait" but it was too late and we watched in horror as he killed every single one blocking the door mutilating their bodies and spilling blood. By the time it was done, he was covered in blood and smiling like a maniac.

He chuckled. "Ah. I have never felt so alive in my life. It's been a long time."

I shiver at what just happened. 'How could he do that? They are innocent people!'