Chapter 13- Fathers

Underlined + Italycised = French

September 13th, 2013:

It was 8am and Sejin was outside my hospital room begging the doctor to let me leave. I had had an uneventful night and did feel better. I had not kept my breakfast down, but they did say it might take a bit of time for my stomach to get used to being full again, they suggested I stay away from solids and large portions for a bit. This was easy for me to do since I already didn't eat anything. I suspected there might be something more to this, that the fact my body was rejecting food might be the cause of extended periods of time without any food and after the overdose, it's called it a day. But the doctor's kept saying it was due to the overdose and they knew more than I did. I had overheard the nurses talk about how it was strange I overdosed when I took the pills over the span of the day and questioned if there were things I wasn't telling them. Of course, I wasn't going to tell them, the doctor was happy with his diagnosis and as an idol, this was already too big of a scandal, I couldn't have the company also have to handle headlines about malnutrition or child labour.

"She made it through the night without any issues, why must you keep her longer?" keeps questioning Sejin.

"She's weak, I'm worried about what you're going to make her do if we do let her go," replies the doctor sternly.

"I don't like what you're insinuating. We won't be pushing her unduly; we care about her. I don't want to send her back here and frankly, I am only asking to be polite, I can discharge her whether you want to or not," answers Sejin angrily.

"Fine. But do not let her perform, she is far too weak and needs rest," the doctor gives in sighing.

We did have 2 performances today and I was set on being a part of them. We were still a rookie group after all and did not have the luxury, or fanbase, to ask networks to work around one of us needing to sit on the side or something. I was either not going to perform at all or perform as nothing happened.

"Ok, Y/N, you're free to go!" says Sejin smiling as if he hadn't just been in a heated argument with my doctor.

"Are the boys at The Show already?" I question, slowly getting out of bed.

"Yes, they have rehearsal in 30 minutes," replies Sejin, sticking a handout for me to hold on to while getting out of bed.

"I'm fine Sejin-oppa, I'm not as weak as you all seem to think," I say, pushing his hand away, "I am performing right? Someone is filling in for me at the rehearsal?" I look at him with big round eyes.

"No Y/N. We've already told the networks you won't be performing. We also released a statement that you had to be admitted to the hospital due to period complications. You aren't performing today and that's final," replies Sejin seriously, knowing I would argue with him.

I nod, my face showing my disagreement, however. I understood why they couldn't release I had had an overdose, which would not look and be good for anyone, but I was upset he had made it I couldn't perform at all.

"Then what am I supposed to do. Just sit around doing nothing," I ask looking at the floor as we walked to the underground parking lot.