Epilogue: Part 1 - Whispers in the Sheets

AN: welcome back everyone 💕 thank you for your patience. I read through the whole story before working on the epilogue, which took me longer than expected, haha...

To start, just a few things. First, the epilogue is in two parts. It's a monster chunk of writing, something like 7000 words, I think. I was going to publish it all together but for the sake of ease for reading, it's been split in two. Second, this epilogue has a mature content warning!! Refer to my note below.

Lastly, I made a playlist for the story! It's at the bottom of chapter 1, but here's the link for now: 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4QPfGsxGgKTvsSE8Ax1YZJ?si=c8f72260dd544ebd

Hope you enjoy!

MATURE CONTENT WARNING: SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL

Please refer to warnings indicated within the chapter

{ Epilogue: Part 1 - Whispers in the Sheets }

In face of the early morning sun, your tired eyes found a restless Bakugo sitting on the roof, staring at the thinning clouds. His hair glowed at the edges in a halo of blonde, blending into the sky itself. In his room next door, Kirishima was dozing away, snoring quietly with the trickle of birdsong. Before you left his side, you'd made sure to brush the tufts of hair stuck over his eyes, running your fingers through his locks of red before pressing a kiss to his cheek

After everything that had happened that night, you felt something more than relief at being able to see him and Bakugo again. When the flood had passed, laying on that rooftop, when you let the sky take you, you feared those lost looks in their eyes were the last you would see. Part of that horrified you.

But now, finding a spot next to the blonde on the roof, you saw his characteristic scowl. It made your heart dance.

"Why're you awake?" he grumbled. "G'back to sleep."

"Can't. Thought I'd come bother you instead," you smiled.

"There's two of us. Go bug Shitty hair."

"He's asleep like a log. I don't think he'd even notice."

Bakugo leaned into his shoulders, stretching his legs over the incline. "You're sitting over there like you're scared of me or somethin'. C'mere."

Out of habit, you'd always left space for your red-haired friend. And even then, in your mind, it had always been the two of them, never three. You were their extra.

But that night, things had changed.

You joined his side. "Just because I've shared your pillow doesn't mean you're not scary."

"Hah? Don't play games with me Airhead. Look, you're sitting all stiff and weird. Get closer, dammit."

With his arm around you, he tugged you closer, almost falling into his lap. Your head landed on his shoulder, tucked into the smokey warmth of his jacket in the crisp morning air.

"This okay?" he asked, maybe surprised with his own forwardness.

"Y-yeah." You tried to calm the pace of your heart.

The intimacy between you and the boy was still fresh and new, despite your years as friends growing up together. Your feelings for Kirishima had been blatant and heart aching, but Bakugo? It was only on that makeshift dance floor, his undivided attention for you that you realized those feelings were always there, hidden in the light as a shadow.