Scene 15: Staggered Cups

{ Scene 15: Staggered Cups }

The kiss was short. His lips asked a question, vulnerably hovering as he waited for your acceptance. Your hands buried themselves in the collar of his shirt. Finding his nose in the dark, you answered it for him.

Relishing in his warmth and taking in his smokey scent, Bakugo carried you over rolling waves, holding you close, kneading fingers through your hair. You were basking in a forbidden paradise you'd never travelled to, having only seeing glimpses of his intimacy from your passing intrusive thoughts, and the what ifs you asked yourself when you fell into your daydreams of Kirishima.

Hidden in the shadows, from the rest of the world, he held you like a beacon in the howling storm. And as he kissed you, the ground became lighter until there was nothing but the firmness of his hands to hold you. The brush of his hair against your brow. The heat of his breath.

Maybe you'd misjudged him this whole time. Kirishima wasn't the only sunshine in your life. Even hidden in the clouds, disguised as the moon, Bakugo had shone just as brightly.

You fully accepted that in your heart as you soaked in his intimacy, running your hands down the planes of his chest only to feel his heart hammering just as wildly as your own. His lips grew hungrier, and his hands bolder as they reached under the fabric of your t-shirt. His t-shirt.

Wanting to match his pace, you wandered underneath his clothes, feeling the heat of his skin against your palm. The brush of your fingertips had him gasping and pushing your shoulders away.

"...We, can't do this," he breathed.

"W-why?" you whispered back, your eyes pleading to return to him, to drown in his arms.

"'Cause, th-this is wrong..."

He stumbled backwards, hitting the wall of the closet.

"I – fuck, I – I love Kirishima," he said.

The mention of his name wakened you from your dream. You'd fallen so deep into the darkness of the ocean that you'd forgotten the other ray of sunshine trying to find its way into the depths. Kirishima. You needed him too. The butterflies in your stomach couldn't fly with only one wing.

In your confusion, your chest plummeted as you stared back at the boy. "Then why the hell would you kiss–"

"–Because it's not just him!" he snapped. "Y-You're such an idiot!"

"Wait, hold on..."

"Shitty hair isn't even here, and I just..."

There was a rustling of feet, voices trailing with them. A phone alarm droned from the hallway, followed by three raps on the closet door. Your secrecy was crumbling away.

Sero's voice was muffled by the kitchen music and the door, but you knew your time was up.

Bakugo sighed. "Look, forget this ever happened."

"What? No! We can figure this out– "

"Forget it! This wasn't supposed to happen, not like this," he said.

A few more knocks on the door, rupturing the private space as snickering and teasing catcalls filtered in through the crack. 

Bakugo reached for the handle, but before he left the closet, he paused.

"...Don't tell Kirishima."

The coat hangers jangled and with the creak of the door, light flooded the space. Bakugo was scowling, trying to feign his usual grumpy indifference while fighting off the joking comments. Only you could tell he was putting up a façade, hiding the vulnerability under a mask.