Scene 27: Eye of the Storm

(AN: we're almost at the end dear readers :( I won't say how many chapters are left, but by the pacing of the story, I hope you can feel the story reaching its peak.

This is a monster chapter that I tried to shorten but... there's a lot to unpack here. You'll see :) really proud of this one. Enjoy <3)

{ Scene 27: Eye of the Storm }

The shimmer of flashlights darted through the shadows of the hallway, Ava's pink glow filling in the spaces the light couldn't reach. With alerted ears and careful footsteps, you traversed downwards, each floor bringing you closer to escape.

Caught up in the panic of before, you'd nearly forgotten about your latest upgrade. It wasn't until you grilled Bakugo (yet again) on his underwear that you'd remembered the obnoxious blue thing on your arm.

"You know, I would've thought that after all this time, I'd have seen that pair of undies laying around or something by now," you snickered.

The boy ahead of you audibly growled, his shoulders hunching ever-so-slightly to his ears. "Would you shut up about it already?"

"Were they a Christmas gift from Midoriya?"

"–Birthday gift," Kirishima corrected with a smirk.

Bakugo snapped over his shoulder, a scowl even grouchier than usual. Your smile fell for a moment. Teasing the boy was a safety hazard in itself. Maybe it was too soon to be playing around with him like before. The events of the night were still new, wounds still fresh.

"...You're just jealous. Bet you wish you had a pair," he replied, only, the bite of his words fell short. A playful nip, rather than an attack. You took that as a safe sign of clearance.

"I think you're right," you started, feeling your smile curling back into place. "The girls probably think so too. No doubt they'd be impressed to see you whip out that handsome pattern in the bedroom."

The blonde gasped, but before he could angrily sputter his own piece, Kirishima interjected.

"Totally! I know I was impressed when I first saw them! I think they're awesome," he gushed, his innocence leaving you an embarrassed mush of sheepish laughter. "You know what? We should get matching underwear. That would be sick. Like, a matching UA print for the nostalgia–"

"Can we quit fucking talking about underwear?" The crease in Bakugo's brow was more strained than angry at this point. You shrugged in amusement.

"I'll take that as a 'yes Dumb Hair, we definitely should look into matching undies'," the redhead smirked, a proud puff to his chest.

The blonde turned to you with a flattened stare. He glanced down at your wrist, visible confusion on his face. "Here you are making fun of my clothes – The hell's that ugly shit on your arm? You've been waving it around since I grabbed the glowworm back there."

You lifted the blue gadget from your side, waving it in his direction. "This thing?"

"Are you stupid? What else could I be referring to, dumbass?"

Kirishima was equally as confused and intrigued by the strange, bulbous device. The weapon had already molded so comfortably to your arm, you'd almost forgotten it was there.

"Oh, right! This is Ava's gadget. She calls it the 'Squashbuckler', because it looks like a mix between – "

" –A cannon and a squash, yeah, I get it. What's it do?"

"Enhances my attack. It's sort of like Midoriya's air attack with the added power and range of your explosion quirk."

Kirishima gasped in awe. "No way... that's so cool! Ava just, gave you this?"