Scene 3: Pink Drinks

{ Scene 3: Pink Drinks }

The party was in full swing. Neon colored lights and décor filled the main floor, balloons scattered across counters, red solo cups floating within the crowd, streamers dangling from the ceiling like a psychedelic jungle. You'd been greeting friends here and there, catching up with the girls from UA who'd come to visit from different schools.

Earlier, there was an inevitable confrontation between the explosive hothead and his cheerful childhood rival. You'd seen it coming the moment you'd spotted his head of green curls bobbing in the crowd. Bakugo had stiffened next to you, leaving your side and plowing through the crowd like a bull seeing red.

"The hell are you doin' here you stupid nerd?!" he'd growled, clawing his way to Midoriya. From an outsider's perspective, they'd likely be mortified, fearing for the freckled boy's life. At least that was the reaction from the scattered clusters of university friends. But for the UA students, they just sighed and smiled. This was normal. Completely normal.

"Kacchan?" he'd called out in surprise. The boy had welcomed the raging devil as if they'd only seen each other just yesterday. Bakugo proceeded to grill him on his preliminary hero stats and other quirk nonsense, but it was for naught; he ate up every word, every question. Midoriya had always been borderline obsessive with the hero world, with his future career.

You could still remember your first day at UA, the same day you were hounded and questioned by Midoriya about your quirk and all your potential battle strategies and who you would pair well with and yada yada.

It was that same day that Midoriya had said that you'd be a good match with Kirishima and Bakugo.

"The three of you would be incredible together! Your quirk would help amplify and direct Kacchan's blasts and Kirishima would cover your defense – it's perfect!" He'd blurted excitedly. "But, you know, Kirishima is great to work with, he gets along with everyone, but ah.... Kacchan... well – "

"What are you sayin' about me, Deku?! Y'talking about me behind my back, huh?" The blonde had trudged over towards you, the red-haired dreamboat in his wake.

The crimson boy had gushed when he first met you. Even from day 1, Kirishima had this overwhelming presence to him, like when a dog first greets you at the door.

"Wow, you have an amazing quirk! Geez... I'm kind of jealous, I wish I had something a little flashier like you." His compliments, paired with the fact that he was crowding your personal space in nothing but the bareness of his uniform had you blushing profusely.

"Can-it shitty hair, we've talked about this. You're strong enough as you are," Bakugo had grumbled. "Plus, your shitty hair's enough of a distraction."

Later that day, Aizawa paired you up for a practice exercise, and together, you completely annihilated the opposing team.

Kirishima had given you his own barrage of kind words and offered for you to come sit at their lunch table. It was a warm gesture, feeling like you were already welcomed in the class. That, and you couldn't help but be giddy that a cute classmate wanted to have lunch with you.

Meanwhile, Bakugo had pulled you aside afterwards as you headed over to the infirmary.

"Listen newbie. And listen well, 'cause I'm only gonna say this once," he'd muttered. There was a glaring look to his eyes when he pressed you into the wall, the muscles in his arm and shoulder bulging around the restraints of his costume.

"You're strong." He'd said bluntly. "Which means that if we fight each other, you better damn well give it your all. Got it? Me, the whole class, needs to know where we stand."