10 | Indigo Morgan

Week 1: Saturday

Did I think I was going spending my Saturday night at a bar getting ready to meet a new potential friend who just happens to be a professional football player. No, no I did not. Which is exactly why Abagail is in the seat next to me, ready to intervene if necessary.

I called her when I got home from the grocery store. I told her to come over, I'll make lunch and tell her about the meeting. I ended up telling her about Austin Lax, the newest draft for this season. She then invited herself along tonight saying that it was a necessary safety measure. We both know she just wants to see if he's cute.

I look down at my phone and see that it is just 6 o clock. We agreed to meet at this time, so I start to look towards the main doors. "Do you think this was some sort of prank?" I ask Abagail as I turn around towards her.

"Relax, everyone isn't right on time like you. Give it a few minutes." She dismisses my thought before taking a sip of her drink. I do the same, hoping that it will take some of the edge off. I'm not that good at making friends.

Like I told Ares, my professional life can be very intimidating to a lot of people. The fact the Austin approached me after already knowing who I am puts that out the window, but it means I actually make a friend, that part never happens.

"Indigo?" I quickly turn around at the sound of my name. Austin stands in front of me with what looks like a motorcycle helmet in his hand. His head has helmet hair, but he pulls it off well. "Sorry, I'm a little late, I'm still learning to navigate the city."

"No problem. I understand." I gesture over to my best friend, "This is Abagail, I hope you don't mind that I brought her along."

Austin sits down and smiles at Abagail. "I don't mind at all. I'm Austin." Abagail just nods her head, side eyeing him will sipping her drink.

"Are you drinking tonight?" I ask Austin, I take a sip of my own drink as he sets his helmet on the floor under the stool.

"No, I have a game tomorrow. Can't be hungover."

"I don't even know why I asked, I only have a Shirley temple myself. I did not feel like getting drunk tonight, unlike this one." I point at Abagail who is in the act of ordering another drink proving my point. Austin chuckle while ordering himself a root beer.

The conversation continues from there, we talk about my business and how I began it. Not wanting to talk to much about myself, I ask him how he got interested in football. He tells me from his dad. At first, he didn't like it but then grew to love it. He played down in Florida for college and he was the second draft pick for The Rams this season.

He's 23, which I didn't expect but he took two gap years after college to do an accelerated masters program to get his masters in computer science before being drafted. He seemed really proud of himself and his accomplishments. Not in a boastful way either.

"Damn! It's almost 8. I have to get home." I wave him off when he gives me an apologetic look.

"Don't worry about it, we will definitely do this again." He stands and gives me a hug. He then moves to Abagail doing the same.

"Do you need me to call a cab or anything?"

"No, I live a 5 minute walk from here, she'll crash at my place." I look over Abagail who smirks at me. She isn't drunk, more tipsy if anything.

"Okay, I'll see you." Austin picks up his helmet and with one last look, leaves the bar.

"Okay, he is cute!" I turn towards Abagail and roll my eyes at her. I move my drink to the space at the bar in between the two of us.