6 | Ares Sage

Week 1: Wednesday

Ares:
What do you mean someone just called you a cold-hearted bitch?

When I walked through the door at 9:30, after the last work out of the day. I don't expect to get a text from Indie. Especially not saying that someone called her a cold-hearted bitch. Quickly, I drop my work out bag in my room before laying out clothes to change in.

My phone lights up on the side of my bed. I grab it and look at Indie's text as I'm walking towards my dirty clothes.

Indie:
I mean exactly what I said lol

Ares:
But why did they do that?

Indie:
Long story short, because I broke up with him six years ago.

Ares:
Ah so it was a guy?

Indie:
Mhm It happened at dinner with my mom and best friend.

Indie:
My best friend was like your ex just walked in and that could've only meant one person.

That caught my attention because I didn't think she ever has dated. She seems so strong on her views on relationships. I've never dated. I've never had problems with relationships themselves, I can't handle the emotional vulnerability that is essentially required in being in a long-term relationship.

I don't think I would be able to give someone what they would really want in a relationship. I don't think i would ever be prepared to give someone my heart or have the responsibility of someone else's.

Ares:
Wait, I thought you didn't date?

Indie:
I don't... However, sophomore year of college I gave it a try just to be able to say I have experienced a relationship. It lasted for about 6 months before I said nope!

Ares:
lol! Okay, continue...

Indie:
Anyway, he was like how are you? I haven't seen you since you broke up with me for no reason.

Ares:
Oh damn...

After putting my clothes in the washing machine, I head back in my room. I set my phone down to quickly take a shower. I was starting to feel way too sweaty, As I put on my rain and thunder white noise, my mind can't help but drift to Indie and I's blooming conversation.

It seems like her ex was bitter about the break-up. But after six years? That's crazy and almost weird. If it had been six years since I saw an ex, I don't think I would be bitter. However, I don't know why they broke up.

He could have a reason to still feel bitter, but I still think six years is a long time to still be pondering over a relationship from college. Especially as a grown ass man.

When I step out the shower, I wrap my towel around my waist before grabbing my phone. Indie texted back 5 minutes ago...

Indie:
Yea, so then I was like...It wasn't for no reason. I gave you a reason that you just didn't like. You thought you could change my perspective on relationships and are mad because you couldn't.

Indie:
That's when he called me a cold -hearted bitch.

Ares:
So, after six years, he's still mad with how it ended?