7 | Indie Morgan

Week One: Friday

When I look over at the clock, it's 1 in the morning. Ares's and I's conversation hasn't dwindled yet. I'm surprised I am able to stay up. I'm putting the blame on the conversation. We've talked a little a bit about our childhoods. Not going to much in depth. Wednesday night's conversation about my father and his parents was enough deep conversation to last a while.

Never would have thought that Ares's views on relationships came from the death of his parents. When he talked about heartbreak, initially, I thought he experienced it like most people, from a relationship. I didn't know it was in fact from the broken heart left by grief.

That's a different kind of heartbreak that doesn't heal like a relationship. That kind of heartbreak sometimes can't be mended. I, no matter how sad the conversation was, am grateful that he felt like he could open up about that.

We seem to be redeeming the hard conversation two nights ago by asking each other basic, silly questions and sharing stories. Only a few minutes ago, I shared a story of when my mom and I moved to LA right before 8th grade, she had my new room made over...As a surprise.

Let's just say, I hated it.

Ares:
Okay okay, what is your favorite color?

Indie:
What do you think it is?

Ares:
Well based on the horrid story about your room, I'm going to guess it's not pink.

Indie:
Nope!

Ares:
Okay, I know what it is...

Ares:
Purple?

Indie:
How the hell?

Ares:
I was right!

Ares:
Why is it your favorite?

Indie:
Purple is the color of royalty, simple

Indie:
Also, I would've accepted Blue as another answer. It's just so calming.

Indie:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say your favorite color is black?

Ares:
Ha Ha! Very funny. I'll give you one more try.

Indie:
Damn! Okay, it's Blue?

Ares:
So close!

Ares:
Red

Indie:
Should have known!

Indie:
Red is always guys favorites

Ares:
I refuse to be offended by that

Indie:
That's your choice...

Ares:
Topic change!

Ares:
What is your favorite food?

Indie:
Mac and Cheese