9 | Ares Sage

Week 1: Saturday

Living 15 minutes from the field has it's perks on early morning meeting days like this. Being expensive isn't one of them. Of course, I woke up at 4. I made a protein shake before going to the gym. I spent an hour and a half grinding and mentally cursing myself out.

I don't know where my head was when I asked Indie if she wanted to talk on the phone. I have never been a shy person, I am normally bold, but not in this kind of way. She's my friend. We both want to keep some sort of our identities to ourselves.

This experiment said we could move at our own pace. However, last night I didn't think about how a week might be too soon. But now that it's out there, I have to leave it in her hands to make the decision. I wasn't lying when I said I think I want to hear her voice.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like while we are texting. I've imagined something smooth and a little raspy but rich. Regardless of my thoughts now, I can't exactly take it back.

I am in the shower at 6. The sun is peeking through the windows, but it's still dark enough to do thunderstorm white noise. I take my time in the shower, knowing that I have time to kill.

By the time I get dressed, it's 10 minutes to 7. I start on my pancake batter after laying out my bacon and sausage to put in the oven.

I can feel my fingers itching to text Indie good morning. Even though it's only been a week, it's become a routine. I know she is more than likely awake. However, I told her that I was going to text her after my meeting and I want to stick to my word.

My phone chimes, I know it's not Indie. She wouldn't have texted me. Instead, it's Omar asking me if I had plans for lunch. I text him back letting him know I can do 12. We continue making a plan, texting back and forth.

The smell of sausage and bacon start to fill the kitchen. I continue to flip the pancakes until I have 5 big and fluffy ones on my plate. It's 8 when I sit down with my breakfast in front of me. I have to be at the stadium in an hour and a half.

Quietly, I eat and go through the plans for today. Meeting at 10, hopefully it doesn't take to long. From the stadium I'll meet Omar and Christiana at Mission Barbeque for lunch.

It's still a pretty full day even without my normal workout schedule. Today is a rest day, so I don't want to over work myself. With tomorrow being the game and everything.

This game will honestly make or break my attitude towards being suspended. Being on the sidelines, watching, itching to be playing. I can only imagine will be the worst part of this whole thing. As much as I hate being suspended, I have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

Granted, I did what any normal athlete does. I got drunk a couple nights, hooked up with a couple girls, and now I'm suspended. The only difference is that the girls are crazy, making up different stories that I drugged them with no proof but a blurry video in the club. It wasn't enough to go to court over, but obviously it was enough to keep me from playing.

I grab my keys and a water bottle, patting down my jeans to make sure I have my wallet and phone before I leave my apartment. The September air setting in, finally making it feel like fall here in LA. Which is only about 65 degrees around this time.

I unlock my car and get in to head to the stadium.

***

"I want you all to listen to what they have to say!" Coach yells into the talkative crowd, "This is essential for the team and it's profits. Ya'll are always talking about wanting new equipment."