1 | Indigo Morgan

Week 1: Monday

5:00 am every morning my alarm goes off and every morning at 5:15 I am talking myself into getting out of bed. Just because you're your own boss doesn't mean you can lay in bed all day, was more or less what I told myself during that talk.

Unfortunately, that talk doesn't do it's job this morning because I turn over and press stop on my alarm. I decide to let my body wake up naturally, rolling over and letting my eyes shut.

The blaring sound of my phone ringing wakes me up only 3 hours later. Groaning won't even begin to express what I was feeling. "Yes." I say into the phone without even looking at the caller ID nor trying to fix my morning voice.

"Girl, you sound dead." My best friend's loud laugh makes my head bang like I spent the night before drinking.

"Abigail, what do you want?"

"Well, I'm here at the office, correction, we all are here at the office waiting for you to start the meeting."

My eyes shoot open as I jump out the bed and rush into the bathroom. "I will be there in 30 minutes." I listen as my best friend laughs but eventually she hangs up. I turn the water on for a shower and look at myself in the mirror wondering how I'm going to look presentable enough in 20 minutes to be at the office in 30.

I run my hands over the water making sure that it's warm enough and spend a total of 5 minutes in the shower. I quickly throw some presentable clothes on before attempting to put my hair in a curly bun on top of my head.

I completely disregard doing my makeup and quickly brush my teeth and wash my face. Once done, I go back in my room to pack my purse.

With 10 minutes to get to the office, I rush out of my front door. Trust me, I am usually way more prepared and organized than this. I don't know how I forgot that I wanted to have a meeting before the workday started and on a Monday morning of all days.

We have an important client being added to the list and I need to speak with my employees on who will be taking this job. I have a meeting with that client and those employees afterwards.

What a wonderful morning to start the week.

~••~

"You look like you need coffee." I could kiss Abigail when she comes in with two coffees. I'm not even a big coffee drinker, but I definitely need it this morning. I just finished my meeting with our new client, which happens to be the LA Rams.

"How did the meeting go?"

"Really well, actually. The team was looking for a new advertising team. Apparently, whoever they were with before did a horrible job. They even signed the contract for 5 years."

Abigail claps her hands in approvement but doesn't say anything else, just sits and drinks her coffee. It's weird actually that she isn't talking my ear off.

"What did you do?"

"Remember dinner last week, with your mom? She and I were talking to you about how you are -" I roll my eyes, cutting her off from her immediate rant.

"You were telling me how I'm lonely and needed a man in my life or some bull like that."

"Yes! Wait no!" I laugh standing up from my desk and walking around to her. "We didn't say you were lonely or that you needed a man. We just said that you spend some much time building the company, you don't really have time to work on your personal life."

"I'm hearing the same thing. Besides, my mom did just fine without a man when I was growing up. I'm doing just fine without one now."

Abigail groans setting her coffee down on my desk, "Indie, your mom said the same. She doesn't want you to have to live life like she did, not when you have that choice. She even started dating again when you got older."