35. Anpanman

Kicking the rock out of way Yoongi marched forward with his flashlight. I sticked by his side knowing that no one was patrolling in the midnight around the site of crime.

"Argh! I cannot believe I'm really doing this. That punk owes me big."

I snickered on his statement as I saw the same way where I saw standing last day. I pulled him, going on the track from where Jungkook had appeared that moment.

Outline of bodies were drawn on floor with chalk and the brittles and concrete particles were making the corridor more rocky. "It's creepy."

"But there's the office, it has to be in that section." I pointed out of a window in the hallway from which we could see another small building which was nearby.

We climbed upstairs then decided to go in different ways to find the clues in less time. I turned on my flashlight and continued going in right direction while he went straight.

I gulped before this part of the building was oddly cold. A shiver ran down my spine when I tripped down on the rough surface, looking back at a cut off hand which was green in colour. Spooky!

Seems the target was close.

I again stood up and dusted off the dirt from my jeans and when I looked up, a door with a name plate caught my eyes. It was Jungkook's cabin.

The door swung with a creak as I rotated my wrist of flash the light in the dark room. I switched on the lights and there it was, his big photoframe behind his desk. The walls were light brown and ceiling was a screen. Quite advance.

I walked around the desk and pulled a drawer to look through it. Evidence, proof or any clue that could help him was so hard to find in a bunch of papers that seemed nothing but old research papers and some transportation bills.

I pulled second one, inserting my palm to get in touch with anything solid. My fingers brushed a wooden structure and I pulled it out. I opened the box and a diamond ring popped out with a tiny card fixed at the back of upper half.

Marry me.

Right there my knees gave up and I dropped down on the floor with tears streaming down. I cried for good minutes before a running steps echoed. "Y/N, you should see that!"

I wiped my cheeks before shoving the box in the pocket. I followed him to security room where screens were buzzing in black and white dots. I tried to hack the system but it didn't worked.

I banged on the table with fists. "Why is this computer so hard to hack?"

"Huh! You didn't tried hard." I snapped back and saw Hoseok leaning against the wall in the dark corner.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you in that party?" He nodded while approaching us. "I was but then I thought about the blame on him. Jungkook doesn't deserve severe punishment because Olivia was the one behind it. And knowing that Kim and Choi are trying to blame him for all, isn't fair."

He pulled me back and typed some codes on the keyboard. The screen showed 'password accepted' then in a blink all the cctv folders popped up. Hoseok straitened his posture and said," I'm not a bad person. I do what I feel right. It should be fair fight, you know." He smiled prettily and I couldn't help but hug him in gratitude.

I pulled back and immediately searched for the right footage. I played video from Olivia's cabin with fast forward, eyes wandering at several scenes at once before settling at one with Jungkook. I paused it and played it back in a regular speed.

"Leave? You want to leave because of that ugly girl?" That late cyborg was harsh with her words while Jungkook stood in front of her, lowering his head. She lifted his resignation letter and threw it in Dustbin. Standing from that leather chair she walked around her desk and raised his chin. "I'll kill her."