❄️ chapter 16: briefing with the prince

Start from the beginning

To Im Sooho, Eun Youngro was still a stranger.

He knew her through written profiles. Also, he only had been getting the chance to know her in person for a couple of days. He had tried his best to get to know her more and made sure the girl feel comfortable whenever she's around him, though.

When they first met, Sooho didn't expect that the girl had her own motives on why she agreed to the royal engagement.

She was just like him.

They were both the same.

They didn't have much choice so they ended up together in this scenario.

Sooho was lost in his thoughts when Youngro faced him again. When his eyes locked with hers, his gaze softened.

"So... this one is Secretary Ahn? He's assisting Nam Taeil?"

"Hm?" the man moved his head closer, raising both his eyebrows with questioning look. When he finally realized what the girl was referring to, he quickly replied, "Oh, that's right. This one is Secretary Ahn. He's the Chief Minister's right hand man. He looks like a quiet person but he actually is a really funny man. He loves to joke around with the royal palace staff, you'll get along with him easily if you're an extroverted person and have a lot of jokes to exchange."

"Oh..." Youngro gave Sooho a look. The Crown Prince could crack a joke?

"Not that I'm good at making jokes. We usually have formal discussions only." Sooho added.

Youngro was nodding around as Sooho pointed his finger to the picture shown on the iPad she held. His finger moved to the right, pointing at the picture of a man on his 50s.

"This one," he tapped on the picture while explaining further. "This one is Nam Taeil, the Chief Minister. He's been helping my father for a long time now, especially since my father was not in his best condition... he has been helping us a lot. He came from military backgrounds but he's really good in making strategic political moves. He had a bad temper sometimes, though. His hobbies are playing golf and hunting."

The girl's jaw dropped open. "Hunting? With guns?"

"Yes, using real guns."

Sooho cleared his throat before he added another details to the person they were talking about. "The key to make him happy is actually by giving him compliments. Compliment his looks or outfit for the day, his achievements, basically anything. He might be someone who looks hard to get along with... but you know, just get to his good side by showering him compliments."

Youngro proceeded his explanation carefully in her mind, making sure to remember every details Sooho gave her when he ran through the guest profiles.

"Moving on to the next one, this man is the president of J Corp. His name is Joo Jaeyeol. A very ambitious and smart person. You might want to talk about his latest innovations or business. He would be excitedly open up to talk with you more. You can bring up his latest new business, an OTT service which will compete with big multinational company such as Netflix. It would get tough, but he is optimistic."

"Whoa. I was surprised when I saw him on the list." Youngro blurted as Sooho moved to another guest profile.

Don't get her wrong, Youngro was amazed with all of the guests that were invited to the event that day, but the president of J Corp was one of the most well known conglomerates in South Korea. He ran big media companies and his business were growing rapidly each year. Being such an inspiration of the media and creative industry business, a lot of Korea National College of Arts students were actually a fan of him. That's why, every year the college would invite him to join some talkshows or workshops.