❄️ chapter 16: briefing with the prince

Start from the beginning

"It's fine!" she answered, giving the Crown Prince a reassuring smile. The man still had a concerned look on his face, though.

"Do you still feel dizzy? I saw the video and it looked like you were hit quiet hard." He uttered as he eyed the specific area on her forehead that was hit by that big camera lens.

"Really, I'm fine now." Youngro reassured him once more.

The Crown Prince looked much more relieved and a thin smile appeared on his face. "That's good to hear." He said. "Are you ready for today? Had Secretary Gong given you a clear brief on today's schedules? It would be quiet packed..."

She had been briefed that morning. But she couldn't fully remember every single thing the old man Secretary Gong was explaining to her. She just remembered that after having lunch, they would have to join the private Christmas party with the ministries and important stakeholders of the royal palace. Then, by the end of the day Youngro would join for a royal family Christmas dinner, took a picture together, and recorded some greeting videos to be published publicly.

One thing that had been making her nervous was that she had to meet bunch of important and named famous people that day. Secretary Gong had given her a list of names along with their pictures and positions so that Youngro could have a bit of knowledge about the guests' backgrounds. Yet, the girl had a hard time memorizing all of them.

"Secretary Gong had briefed me my schedule today." She replied. "And he also gave me a list of guests... but I think I might need to relook on it since I haven't memorized all of them..." she carefully said, lowkey hinting the Crown Prince that she had tried her best but she just didn't have enough memory inside her head to fill the names into her brain in a short amount of time that day. She might need his help.

Sooho hummed, "Indeed, there will be plenty of guests for today's party..." the man left out a long exhale. "I know all of them and I understand each of their personality and preference. Just stick with me for a while as the event begins. I'll take you around with me to meet the guests. I'll also give you a tips or two to get to know them better."

Youngro slowly nodded, accepting the man's offer. "Alright..."

They both stood still for a while. Youngro was staring down while playing with the soft layers of her dress. She knew she shouldn't do it. Miss Pi had told her a couple of times on how to appear confident and proper. But unconsciously, she had been letting her guards down whenever she was together with Sooho these days.

"Shall we head to the dining room now? We can have an early lunch and I can share with you some insights... before we attend the party later?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

Youngro quickly agreed to his offer, bouncing slightly on her feet. "Sure, let's go."

❄️

It was snowing that afternoon. Despite of the cold weather, Youngro was excited as she saw the soft snows falling from the skies.

"Oh! It's snowing!" The girl exclaimed, couldn't hold back her excitement upon seeing the snows slowly falling outside.

The man who was sitting next to her followed her gaze, staring outside the big window of the main palace dining room where they just had their lunch together. Last time he checked earlier that day, it wasn't supposed to snow that afternoon. It might be caused of the extreme weather these days, it was getting harder to forecast the weather.

Sooho didn't say anything when he saw the view outside. Indeed, It was beautiful like any other snowy days. However, he silently moved his gaze to the girl next to him without her knowing.