Chapter 17

You and Rodney waited days, weeks, and even months until you could get the note that it was time for the premiere. While waiting, you all did work on quite a few inventions together. 

But one day while you were in the office after all this time, you checked your email and got the note saying that it was time for the premiere!

Your Outfit

"Rodney! We've made it! Our baby is going to be famous! We're off to the premiere!"

"That's wonderful, (Y/N)! But how will we make it in time?" 

"Oh I just know we'll get our jet to take us across the country!" 

Everybody heard about the exciting news. Bigweld, Cappy the Rusties wished you both good luck on your trip to see your child become a star. 

When you got back to your dimension, dad had already set up a flight tomorrow with his clients to get you both to LA and will leave tomorrow morning. You had to hurry up and pack. For something special, you picked out something glamorous to wear to the premiere like a real movie star. 

The two of you once again made onto the flight the next morning but one the clients needed to stop somewhere in Texas for some reason. So you landed there first!

But then a misadventure was about to happen! Something was wrong with the jet. You went up to see. "Guys, is everything okay?"

"I hate to say this, miss (L/N) but the jet is having major malfunction and it might a week to repair!"

"NO! But the premiere is in two days!!" You were nearly about to cry. 

"I'm sorry, but it doesn't always turned out the way it should."

"This is our child! We cannot miss this premiere!" You said getting aggravated. "I will go and see if there are any other options."

You didn't think it would be a good idea just to take a regular plane. But then you had a thought wondering if there was a train station near by.  Surely enough there was! You and Rodney quickly  made a beeline to find it.  The sun was already close to setting. 

Luckily you got two tickets but the discovering how long this ride will take got you worried if you will ever make it to the premiere. 

"It's okay, (Y/N)! The premiere is not the day after tomorrow. You already loved Rodney's optimism. 

From here, Rodney was finally able to see how trains worked in the human world. You tried calming yourself down with your music player and then ended having a bite to eat from the cart. It wasn't too long before it was time to head your sleeping car. 

It was bunk beds, he slept on the top while you were on the bottom because you like the design better. At least it had a few personal items ready for you. 

"Rodney, do you think that it will make us famous if our baby becomes a superstar?"

"I really don't know  but I don't see why not."

"Oh I know many celebrities who's other relatives have ended being famous because they are related. Especially siblings!"

"Oh, speaking of that (Y/N), do you suppose we should do this again?"

"Do what again?"

"Have another child."

"Well, sure, yeah but I'm done with pregnancies! Next time, let's order a build-a-baby box!"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Good night, Rodney! I love you to the moon and back."

"And I love you to the moon and back. Nighty night, (Y/N)!"

~~~~~

Breakfast was served for you in the morning in the dining car and it was only a few more hours until you arrived. It wasn't so bad after. Somebody at the station recognized you as the human and robot couple that were the parents of the new movie star. The two of you were able to get a ride to the place you were staying until the premiere will have begun the next day.