Chapter 6: March 2008

It was about time you and Rodney went shopping for baby supplies! You were due in at least 3 months!

Your Outfit 

Your first stop was children's donation store chain called, "Once Upon A Child"

Your first stop was children's donation store chain called, "Once Upon A Child". You figured that you'd be able to get some of the big stuff cheap here. 

"Rodney, we need so much and I cannot believe we still don't whether the baby is a human or a robot nor know if it's male or female. I guess we better get as much as possibly just in case."

"From looking at some of what I have read, I figure we should go for gender neutral at this rate." He replied. 

"I agree!"

Looking around, you could not resist the display of baby clothes. "Just look at all these clothes! They so precious!" Then looked at a pile of shoes. "Just what kind of feet could fit into these shoes? My mom said she had the most fun dressing me when I was a baby and that's probably why I grew up to be such a shopping superstar!"

Rodney grinned now that he new where all your glamorous bombshell personality came from. 

The two of you went around looking for the perfect gender neutral items, but had to make sure they would fit in your car. Otherwise, you'll have to come back on a separate day. 

There you found a play pen, high chair, even one of those activity walkers. 

But then you came across a stroller which you would be impossible to fit in your car. "Now this is too cute but too bad it won't fit in my car. You know what they say."

You and Rodney said it together.

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage!" 

The two of you decided to save that for another until mom called checking in on everything and the came to help with some of what you got.  There, you got it all to fit.  Rodney looked at more of the children furniture and thought of pulling up a surprise in about a month or two. 

Your next stop was Babies R Us! And there you found so much more! The first thing you got was an infant bouncing seat.  You moved on to the baby food aisle where you weren't sure about what to do. Just in case, you bought 3 different flavors in banana, carrot and peaches, multi-grain cereal, apple sauce, animal crackers, even juice. You found a few feeding and food storage sets too as well as a set of baby bottles and a burp cloth. Then you found a bib with a saying you totally couldn't resist.

 Then you found a bib with a saying you totally couldn't resist

From there you moved on to grooming and found baby powder, lotion, shampoo, soap, plus a comb & brush set.  Of course, you had to pick up diapers and wipes. Rodney looked and could tell you knew what you were doing. Pretty soon, you were going to have a whole nursery set up.

And from there, you moved on to toys. You picked up a rainbow colored ring stack set, a block set, beads, a couple of puzzles, an animal soundboard game,  a few bath toys, a teddy bear, and you even found a "My First Word Book". 

The last thing to look at was a crib.  You and Rodney had no idea how that would fit, until an employee came up and said they can have it delivered to you. 

The two of you carried everything to the car. But then you decided that you should drive over to the mall for a few things as well. 

You somewhat got distracted by looking in Payless Shoesource and ended up purchasing a pair of chic red shoes.

At least they weren't expensive. Gymboree was on the way and you looked in there taking you back to what it was you were shopping for. There you found even more adorable clothes and shoes.  But was it worth it just yet?  You only purchased a couple of pairs. 

While in the mall you started to get very hungry. The two of you immediately started walking to the food court. You didn't know what to choose. Aunt Annies? Charley's Steakery? Sbarro? Orange Julius/Dairy Queen?  So much to choose from but what? You went with Burger King and got the meal you craved that the fetus didn't seem to bother with.

 Aunt Annies? Charley's Steakery? Sbarro? Orange Julius/Dairy Queen?  So much to choose from but what? You went with Burger King and got the meal you craved that the fetus didn't seem to bother with

Rodney was seeing the naughty rascal you could once again. 

The two of you later on looked at the children's play area thinking how cool it would be for your coming child to play there. It also made him think more about what he would be setting up soon. On the way out, you could not resist not leaving with some treats from Great American Cookie Co which you ended up eating later during the day while sharing some with mom. 

Progress was being made but more was yet to come!