Chapter 3

November 15, 2007

Pregnancy by now was making you rather moody and sometimes found it too much pressure to be on a polite behavior.

"Rodney, it's time for my prenatal vitamins!" You demanded. "I need to get to the doctor as soon as possible!"

He did not seem to be used to your behavior and did not fully understand what was going on. That's why he was currently reading about what to expect from pregnant human women and studying what to expect when having a child. 

"(Y/N), aren't you only two months pregnant?" He asked rather sounding like he has not woken up "And I thought you already went a week in a half ago?"

"Yes, but I'm still not exactly sure when I'm due and that leaves guessing involved. But I'm better safe than sorry! I also better check to see how the embryo is doing. Last time I went I was able to hear a heartbeat from it or something.  And by the way, while I'm pregnant, I'm going to need you to change the batteries of my CD player." 

Rodney then remembered the heartbeat part but it still was making it unsure whether it was real from a human baby or if it was some mechanical running dynamic from developing robot. 

 "But, (Y/N), I thought that thing was at your parents house." Rodney replied. 

"Please don't make me fight! My back has been hurting for days now.......Oh dear!" 

You ran into the bathroom let out your very first morning sickness. This woke up Rodney and got him worried. "Oh... I think you're right. Yeah, let's get you to a doctor." He thought. 

~~~~~~

The two of you got back to your dimension and you wanted to immediately take the wheel once again because you were still worried that Rodney wouldn't know how to work your car. 

You got to the doctors office and waited patiently. While waiting, Rodney continued reading about pregnancy while you took a look in one of the magazines. Soon, a nurse called you back and you were told that today would be the day that they would get a first glimpse of the baby. There, you had to get placed onto a ultrasound machine where a close up of the fetus could be seen while telling Rodney what all the machine was going to do. 

"Are you feeling okay? You looked nervous." Rodney told you from the look of you. 

"I'm fine! Just long as the baby is!"

The doctor came in. "Hello, (Y/N)! Hi Rodney! How's the lovely couple?" She asked.

"Very well, ma'am." He replied to her. 

"Alright let's have a look!" 

The doctor went on to work, making it so that you were about to see what was happening in your body. 

From looking at the inside of your womb when it came up on the ultrasound screen, all you saw was a round sphere, the size of a ping pong ball.

"I cannot see anything." You complained. 

"I know, that's odd!" The doctor complimented. "It might still be just a developing egg cell."

"It's a little late for the embryo to still be that. Are you sure there's not any miscarriage?" You asked.

"According to what it says, the baby is okay." She responded.

The two of you decided to get a picture of it anyway so you can show it to mom. Rodney told you that his parents will want to see too. 

"Rodney, do you have any questions?" You asked.

He was little bit embarrassed to tell the doctor that the baby might be in a confusing moment to be either a robot or a human. So he just thought of a simple question.

"Uhhhh ma'am..." He cleared his throat nervously and continued. "Do you know where to get the vitamins (Y/N) says she needs?"

"I will send those to the pharmacy right away." 

~~~~~~~~

You were able to get your prescription but you then decided to stay in your dimension for a little bit which Rodney didn't mind. Nobody was home at the moment anyway. 

However, you were getting a massive craving once you looked through todays mail and newspaper. You had found an ad for Pizza Hut with a coupon attached to it. There was something else in that pile too that fascinated you. 

You rushed to the phone with the ad still in your hand. 

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" Rodney asked. 

"Duh!!" You responded pointing at the ad. 

"What's this about?"

This was good time to show Rodney the other thing you found, which was a coupon for Baskin Robins.

Just then, mom came walking through door with some groceries.  "Hello, you two! What are you doing?" She asked. 

"(Y/N) has been acting strange. I think she's under cravings again." Rodney replied. 

She saw the coupons in your hands. "I remember being like this when I was pregnant with her." 

"Whatever, mom!" You replied feeling embarrassed and emotional.

Rodney watched and cleared his throat. "Then why has she been so rude lately?" He asked.

"Oh, good point." Mom replied to him

From there you ordered a large stuffed crust, topped with pepperoni, sausage and bacon as well as a diet Pepsi. 

Mom had never seen anything like when it came to pregnant women. Was there something secretly unique about it?

Later on, you went out and got some golden ribbon flavored ice cream topped with chocolate syrup, cookie crunch, rainbow candy sprinkles, whipped cream and a cherry. 

There were days where you only craved one flavor while anything else made you want to throw up making it feel rather weird.  It was as if the baby was demanding for certain types.