CHAPTER SEVEN PT - 1

"I think I must have changed several times since then."

* * * * *

"SISTER, isn't it a lovely morning?" Sumre smiled up at a passive JungKook, laying several eggs, sunny-side up, onto her breakfast plate. Allowing him better access she leaned back accommodatingly.

"Thank-you, kind sir," she thanked him, adding in a whisper, "napkin please." Amused, she turned her attention across the table to a grumbling Sundae, observing her flirting (yet again) with the CHOSEN one.

He looked so adorable all decked out in his little outfit, Sumre wished he could stay forever and wait on her. But, that wasn't possible. And, again . . . there were the others to consider. Especially the sassy one. Had he learned his lesson yet?

Trying to stay calm and ignore her obnoxious twin, Sundae craned her neck toward the back hallway nervously. 

Had she been too harsh again?

"Husband . . ." Crooking her finger at JungKook, she fluttered her long eyelashes seductively. "Come, Sumre's got her own man. I need my toast buttered." Grinning at the smug sister across the table, she lifted one piece of toast in the air, watching him in fascination as he sighed, a tiny smile quirking his lips when she called him, 'Husband'.

"Did you notice?" Sumre asked, cutting the gooey eggs randomly, before squishing them around making a mushy blob in the middle of her plate. "The house was so quiet last night. It was such a pleasant sound . . . the silence. He slept like a baby."

Laying Sundae's buttered toast down in her plate quickly, Kookie stepped back attempting to put as much distance between the two of them as possible. But, snatching his hand regardless, she deliberately tugged him back toward the table.

"Don't go sweetie," she cooed, "yes sister, the house, the silence. I think the storm must have broken." Leaning clear across the table, she whispered, "The extra juice helped. No snoring . . . no talking. I knew it would work. How did you sleep?" she asked JungKook, forcing his body to move along with her as she went.

"Fine." Answering softly, he hated the fact that he was reduced to servant status this morning. 

If he was the 'husband', was this what she considered 'husbandly' duties? Could they be any crazier? And, the juice. Again, they hadn't had anything but bottled water, and oranges before bed last night. What the hell was in the juice?

All he remembered was waking up, dressed in his outfit from the night before, with a wide-eyed, satisfied looking Sundae staring at him from across the room, as if he was made of gold. 

He would never sleep again . . . He was done being the 'Chosen One', the 'King', and now . . . 'The Husband'.

"Sundae? Don't you think it's time?" Sumre asked, nodding toward the back hallway. "It's been all night."

His eyebrows raised JungKooks' eyes followed Sundae's, wondering what the hell they were talking about now. Knowing Sundae hated talking, he slipped his hand away, grabbing the silver tea tray, nodding politely while backing into the kitchen doorway. He needed to get the fruit plate.

"Oh bother. It's barely 9:00, but okay." Standing stoically, Sundae brushed crumbs from her lap, watching Kookie's behind saunter into the kitchen, breathing a long sigh of relief. "He's going to be mad. Best get ready," she sighed, glancing over her shoulder at Sumre.

"He needs to bathe, and I KNOW he's hungry." Sumre frowned. "I feel badly. Why do you always do this?" 

Now she was angry. Sundae was so cruel sometimes. Her patience was thin, her tolerance level weak.