CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Symptom

Liam POV:

After we struggled to send Adrien to his date, we all settled in the living room. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind.

Movie night

"Let's have a movie night with treats" I informed Damon who is scrolling his phone and Kiara who is cuddling on my side.

Kiara squealed "Movie time" in high pitch deafening me in the process.

I grabbed her ankle and held her upside down and shook her left and right. I was rewarded with a fit of giggles and her cheeks turned red.

I made a horrifying look and questioned her "Are you trying to deaf my ears?".

"Nuh" is her only reply which is muffled by her laughter.

"Alright, let's all change into our PJs first"

Damon stood from his seat and ran upstairs to change and I took Kiara with me to Adrien's room. I found her cute rabbit and carrot printed grey top with plain grey shorts.

I took her to the bathroom to help her brush her teeth and changed her into the pyjamas I picked

Cute

"Come on munchkin, go downstairs and wait for me in the living room. I'll change quickly" I told her to which she nodded and scurried away.

Then I made my way to my room and changed quickly and went to the kitchen to prepare some treats.

I placed the popcorn bag in the microwave and took three bowls for each. For Kiara, I added caramel in one bowl, for Damon I added peri-peri with cheese and for me I made BBQ spice. At that exact moment, popcorn was ready, so I transferred it into our bowls and mixed it equally.

Damon came into the kitchen in his Pjs.

"Take these two bowls to the movie room, I'll go and get Kiara," I told Damon.

He took his and mine popcorn and I took Kiara's to the living room.

"Baby girl, come with me"

She looked at me confused and pouted her lips adorably and asked "movie" and pointed her finger towards the tv.

Oh right. We didn't show her the movie room yet. I laughed at her pout.

"We are going to watch the movie but not here"

I adjusted the bowl in one hand and picked her up in my arms and made my way to the movie room. Once I opened the door, Kiara's eyes widened.

The room is black-themed with multiple speakers placed on the walls a big screen in the front and three couches for us to get comfortable.

She turned towards me with wide eyes and asked "big tv". I chuckled at her word "Yeah baby, this is the movie room. We can watch the movie here".

She wiggled in my arms so I set her down. She waddled to Damon with her tiny feet who sat on one of the couches and already munching his popcorn.

I rolled my eyes at his antics and thought hungry pig.

"What are you guys want to watch?" I asked both of them. To which I got two different answers.

"Tangled" From my baby girl.

"Money heist" From my idiot brother.

Just great.

I can't say no to my Princess but Tangled ugh....and then money heist is not a movie for her age.

"Hmm... Let's watch Harry Potter and the philosophers stone" I grinned at them. Damon groaned but anyway nodded his head and Kiara just tilted her head with curiosity but said ok.

So I started the movie and gave caramel popcorn to Kiara to which her eyes lit up when she had the taste and cuddled closer to me.

Halfway through the movie, I was stroking Kiara's cheek when I felt something sticky in my fingers. First I thought it was her snot, so I was going to wipe it on my napkin. But my movement was halted when I saw the red sticky thing on my fingers. My eyes widened and my heartbeat started to race in panic. I looked down to see what was happening and I was horrified.

I screamed "Kiara". Damon was startled at my scared voice and was going to shout at me but stopped when he followed my eyesight.

There. Kiara was laying on my side unconscious with blood flowing from her nose and mouth. I quickly sat up straight and try to wake Kiara up.

"Baby!! Baby!! Wake up" I caressed her cheek then I checked her wrist for pulse it was there but it is fading.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. Damon is trying to call someone I think it's Adrien.

"Shit" Damon cursed. I looked up at him and he said "I can't reach either 911 or Adrien".

I took deep breaths and picked my princess like a baby and yelled at Damon "Pick the car keys and drive, we need to go to ER. I'll sit in the back with her".

He took running to the front door and I trailed behind him to the car. I sat at the back and placed my baby in my lap. She is freezing. I tried to warm her up by rubbing her hands and feet with one hand and tried to call Adrien or James.

Damon climbed to the drive side and started the car. He sped through the traffic to the hospital.

After trying 15 times I got hold of Adrien.

'Hello Liam, what's wrong?'

I started to cry. What's happening to her? We just got her I can't lose her. She is our sunshine. I was broken out of my thoughts by Adrien yelling at me in panic.

'Liam, say something!! You're scaring me'

I wiped my eyes but my voice held agony.

"Adrien, it's Kiara"

'Kiara! Kiara! What happened to her?"

"We were watching a movie in the movie room. When all of a sudden Kiara was unconscious and her heartbeat is fading. Blood is coming from her nose and mouth. She is not waking up Adrien. I don't know what to do. We are taking her to your hospital ER."

'SHIT!! I'll be there in 10 minutes. Listen to me carefully Liam don't panic. Give her CPR and keep her warm. She'll be freezing'

I nodded my head, even though he can't see.

"Ok" and the line went dead. My phone died.

I tossed my phone to the side and performed the instructions Adrien gave me.

The hospital building came into the view with a group of doctors I know working with Adrien along with equipment. Adrian must've called the hospital after my phone call.

The car came to a halt and I ripped open the door and went towards the waiting doctors and placed my baby girl on the hospital stretcher. They wheeled her inside the hospital to the ER just as Adrien's car pulled up at the entrance.

Please be ok my baby girl...

____________________________________

Thanks for reading
.
.
.
***