Chapter 27

Date-06.05.22
Happy reading♥️

•••••••••

“Is the pager working?”

The officer nodded his head in negative making others sigh in defeat!

The last car in which Nandini and her few colleagues were present stopped in the middle of a forest due to mechanical problems and they couldn't even contact anyone since the pager was not working.

They took a wrong turn and were inside the forest and that why the pager was having connection problem.

Nandini came out of the car and started looking at the car's engine. No one bothered to see what she was doing as they were busy contacting someone and they also knew she was safe.

After few minutes Nandini closed the hood of the car and started the car getting in the driver's seat making everyone shock!

Nan- What? I learned  it during school physics project!

All closed their open mouths and nodded at her. She came out of the driver's seat and took her own seat. And in a que everybody went inside the car and they left for the airport.

••••••••

On the other side Manik was going insane on not being able to find anything about them. Within half an hour he reached the airport.

All soilders were scared to hell as their Captain was in hulk form. They knew they were at mistake but still who would want to face a super angry hulk.

Man- What the hell were you all doing when  their car parted ways from your? I gave one single work to y'all and you cant even do that properly!!

Cab- Manik calm down! Nandini and everyone must be fine!

Man- How can I calm down Cabir! It takes only 45 mins to reach airport from camp but its been 2hrs and they are still not here!

He turned toward the other soilders and said,

Man- And you all, I need their exact  location within 5mins or else get ready to face me!

He warned them and was going to shout more when he saw the missing car entering the airport. Nandini came down as soon as the car halted and ran toward Manik, knowing what his condition would be!

As soon as he saw her safe, fine and well he couldn't stop thanking heavens. Finally the worst few hours of his life till now past. Few hours with all those haunting thoughts of in what position she would be or was she even save, made his body cold as dead! He hugged her as tight as he could, as if she will vanish in thin air the second he leaves her.

Man- Y-you... I-i....

Manik couldn't even form a proper sentence! Nandini understood him though. Loosing soneone you love so much is not easy and he faced this a lot. So thoughts of something happening to her would obviously make him insane, she knew it well.

Breaking the hug she stared deep into his eyes, caressing his cheeks and said,

Nan- Manik here, look at me... I am all fine standing infront if you... See. 

She tried to calm him down and was even a lot successful. She didn't want anyone to see Manik's vulnerable side, since he was always strong infront of others so she didn't want him to show the vulnerable self to all as no one can be trusted.

••••••

It was Nandini's flight's time, so she was standing in the que to show her passport. Her flight was delayed for 3hrs since they couldn't make it to the airport within time!

But it was quite good since she spended the last three hours with Manik. He was all well know, she made him calm and assured him of her safety. The last three hours were their moments that they both would cherish this long one week.

She turned back and saw Manik standing there with a bright smile, waving a bye at her. She also waved at him and turned around to confirm her passport.

Finally glancing last time toward him she went inside as drops of tear left both of their eyes with a small smile playing on their lips.

••••••••••
Thanks for reading🥰❤️