Chapter Twenty-Two

- I'm Pregnant -

                                       __~~__

__~~__

When I return home, mainly to hide from Charlie, my mom stops me.

"When was your last cycle?" She asks me, making me stop and think.

"Last month, why?" I ask her.

"When are you supposed to get your next one?" She inquires.

"What's today?" I ask her as I walk into the kitchen to grab some water.

"The fourteenth," I stop mid drink, coughing as I choke on the water.

"The fourteenth? I'm two weeks late!" I yell, panicked.

"I thought I saw your body shield you that night," my mom spoke. "You were worried Paul would attack you and your body defended itself."

"Body shield? That thing that flung Paul away from me?" I ask.

"Yes," I watch as she digs through her purse, grabbing two packages. "Take these."

I look down and see two pregnancy tests in her hand.

"You're not getting headaches," I said. "Carlisle was giving you pregnancy tests."

"Yes," she tells me.

"Does he knows they're for me?" I ask her, looking over at her.

"I'm sure he assumes they are," she tells me. "I became infertile a few years after we became immortal."

I sigh, taking a drink from the water bottle before going over to the downstairs bathroom. I take both out of the package and do as the inside instructed. I set them on some toilet paper and leave the bathroom.

I pace back and forth in the kitchen. Everyone besides my mom and I were at the Cullen's, which made this a little less stressful.

"What happens if it's positive?" I ask my mom, hugging myself.

"You tell Paul and go from there," she tells me.

I sigh, leaning against the counter.

"We didn't want kids yet," I tell her. "We were so careful."

"When we're you not?" She asks me, eating some peanuts.

I think of all the times we had done 'it'.

"The ceremony," I sigh, remembering how we got so caught up we forgot protection. "We were so caught up in the moment we forgot protection."

"That's also a very fertile night to a witch," she tells me. "It would make sense."

I sigh, rubbing my face as I think over everything.

"Things are about to get so crazy," I tell my mom. "I don't have time to be pregnant."