Chapter Twenty-One

- Apologies And Forgiveness -

                                      __~~__

__~~__

We stand around as Bella sits up, looking around the room with wide eyes as she takes in her new senses. Bella approaches Edward, touching his face to feel his temperature.

"Beautiful," Edward spoke, gently stroking Bella's face. "We're the same temperature now."

Bella turns and looks in the mirror at herself. She looks herself over before turning and pulling Edward into a hug, crushing him.

"Hey, Bella, you're a lot stronger than I am right now. It's your turn not to break me," Edward jokes.

"I love you," Bella tells him, pulling back to look up at him.

"I love you," Edward replies.

They kiss, enjoy each others embrace before Bella pulls away.

"Renesmee," Bella spoke, looking around.

"She's incredible," Edward smiles.

"Where is she? I have to see her," Bella turns to leave.

"Wait. Wait," Edward stops her. "You need to get your thirst under control."

Suddenly she looks hungry.

"Yeah, you'll need to hunt," Edward tells her.

They leave and I go outside where Jake, Seth, and Leah were. They were all eating what my mom prepared for them on the bed of Jake's truck. I go to greet them when a snap of a twig catches my attention. There stood Paul, his eyes were red and he looked apologetic.

"Can we please talk?" Paul asked.

"Yeah," I follow him into the woods.

It was silent for a while before Paul stopped me.

"I'm so sorry," he cries, tears falling from his eyes. "I was just worried that whatever Bella was carrying could kill you. After all, even Carlisle didn't know what was growing inside Bella."

I look at the leaf covered ground. A part of me didn't want to forgive him, but I knew deep down I couldn't live without him.

"Never make me choose between you and something else," I look up at him. "Because sometimes I'll choose the other thing, no matter how much I care about you."

"I won't," he tells me, wiping his tear stained face.

He pulls me into a hug, holding me close to him. When we pull away I pull him into a kiss before I saw a vision of Seth getting hurt. I look up at Paul panicked before rushing back to the Cullen house.

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?" I heard Bella yell in anger before a whimper.

I rush into the scene and over to Seth, who whimpered when I helped him stand back up.