Chapter One

- The Love Story Of Beckett and Juliette -

                                      __~~__

__~~__

Love was once something she had read in Shakespeare's infamous Romeo and Juliet, but she never knew it would be something she had. Juliette Bishop, a small town girl, who took long walks down the path in the woods behind her house and grazed her hands through the wildflowers in the the glade. She smiled as the bees buzzed around her head as she planted flowers with her house maid, Margaret, who was more of a mother than her own.

That was the first time she had seen him, Beckett Parker the Major of the Army, was when her hands were muddy and she smelt of pollen. He had been walking down the street with his soldiers, talking about how lovely the small town was, when he had seen Juliette with Margaret planting flowers at the bast of the stairs.

He smiled at the sight, watching as she laughed at whatever Margaret had said to her before she had noticed the army men that stood at the gate. They weren't there for anyone, just watching the two have a splendid time planting cosmos. Well, more like Beckett was, the two other men stood waiting for their Major.

Juliette had whipped her hands on her smock while she stood, smiling at the men. Margaret had pushed her to talk to them, saying it'd be best she said something to the men before her mother caught sight of them. Juliette rushed to the gate after she had heard what Margaret had said, knowing it was true.

As she spoke to the men, she began to blush at the smallest complements Beckett had spoke. She hadn't realized she was doing it until her mother barged out of the house, nagging about how dirty she was and how her face was probably burnt from her time under the sun due to the rosy-red hue across her cheeks.

As time passed, Beckett and Juliette spent much time together. They talked about everything and anything they could think of. She even showed him her favorite path through the woods that led to the glade filled with wildflowers and buzzing bees.
The more Juliette spoke about her favorite hobbies and interest the more Beckett fell for her. Sure, she was beautiful and had all the right curves in all the right places, making her look mature for her ripe age of eighteen.

Soon Beckett's visit was nearing the end, which disappointed Juliette due to wanting to know more about the Major. Little did she know he had asked her father, William Bishop, for her hand in marriage. When he knelt to one knee, she was brought to tears and was completely shocked he had wanted to marry her. Sure, she knew he had been flirting with her and enjoying the time just as much as she had been, but not many men stuck around when they found out she wasn't the typical woman.

With abilities like hers, she hid herself behind the silk curtains her mother demanded to have, hoping no one took a peek inside. But instead, he was bewitched by the abilities. He found them fascinating and admirable.

Once they wedded, she followed Beckett everywhere he had went, never wanting to be left behind. One day, they settled down in a small town in Texas. Juliette had grown tired of the constant moving and Beckett wanted to start a family of his own.