Chapter Ten

- Sleepover With Bella -

__~~__

Bella had asked me to come over. I hadn't been to her house since Alice and I had came to forks to find she was alive and Alice's vision wasn't completely truthful.

When I arrive I park beside her rusty-red truck, seeing a bright yellow, small slug-bug car parked beside the rust-truck. I see the police cruiser parked on the other side of the slug-bug, figuring it was Bella's dad.

I walk up to the door, the black satchel I had slung over my shoulder. I open the metal outside door before knocking on the wooden door. I rock on my feet, looking over at the woods to see two brown eyes peering at me through the shrubbery.

I smile with a gentle nod, greeting whichever wolf was on patrol currently. This was only temporary due to whatever or whoever had been in Bella's house the night before. I swear this girl is always in danger or something.

When the door opens, a tall fatherly looking man with a pedo-stach opens the door. His hair was sheer black and his eyes were the same color as Bella, a deep brown.

"Hi, I'm Maeve," I introduce myself. "Bella invited me over."

"Right," he nods, scratching his head beside stepping out of the way. "I'm Charlie, her dad. You can come on in, the girls are upstairs."

"Thank you," I slip my shoes off by all the rest and go for the stairs before stopping and looking back at Charlie. "It was nice to meet you, Charlie. And thank you for keeping Forks safe."

"Nice to meet you to, Maeve," he smiles sheepishly before heading over to the couch where a beer was placed in front of a dip in the couch.

I smile at his little set-up before going upstairs. I make my way to Bella's room, knocking on the door before the door opens. I walk in to see a girl I've never seen before, which isn't new considering I just moved here, sitting in Bella's bed while Bella greeted me at her door.

"Hey Maeve," she smiles, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Hey Bella," I smile, walking into the room before throwing my satchel beside her bedside table.

"Maeve, this is Angela, a friend from school," Bella introduces me. "Angela, this is Maeve, she's friends with some of the guys on the rez."

"Cool! We were just talking about college," Angela tells me. "Do you plan on going to college?"

"No," I sit down beside Angela on the bed, grabbing the graduation announcement fliers that sat in front of me. "I plan on working in my moms apothecary down in town."

"Wait, your Juliette's daughter?" Angela asks, surprising me she knew my mom. "My mom has been going to your moms apothecary to get the natural sleeping liquid your mom makes!"