Chapter 08: 1 against 200!

"What if I don't go?" he said in a sarcastic voice as he took a step forward.

The man raised his right hand to warn that with just one more step, they would start attacking him. His eyes turned cold, "In that case, we will use force! Pope Ishtar had declared that if you refused and attacked, we should kill you."

"Haha, just with your present, do you think that will be enough?". His mocking laughter traveled and entered everyone's ears.

Anyone would be overwhelmed and desperate to face two hundred enemies, but for him, who had fought two entire armies in a war, it was no different than child's play.

Although he could now no longer face thousands of opponents at the same time, all his experiences on the battlefield remained ingrained in his mind, so facing and emerging victorious against two hundred enemies would not be difficult to achieve.

Before the soldiers could shout in anger, Nader took one, two, three steps forward. His vision of the world changed, it was as if everyone was moving in slow motion.

With each step he took, bolts of white lightning began to emerge from his body as they lashed the surroundings.

In his right hand, a sword the same color as his energy that was surrounded by sparkling, roaring lightning came to life.

He waved his left hand and dozens of white pellets with sharp points that looked like spinning bolts materialized. Although their size could only be compared to that of two human fingernails, their bolt-like tips pointing menacingly in all directions as they hovered around Nader, they did not lower their deadliness.

Their size and shape increased his flight speed and, at the same time, his lethality. They were not easy to shoot down like arrows and their size was perfect to control, as if that was not enough, the energy they consumed was minuscule compared to powerful and destructive attacks on a large scale.

Nader at the moment did not have a large reserve of energy, so he had no choice but to resort to simple and effective uses of his powers. He had thought it best to keep his energy in reserve to escape in case the Pope and the King showed up later.

The ability he used to materialize the swords and pellets was called [Energy Manipulation]. The white rays surrounding them were the [Law of Lightning]. The latter should be a blue color, but due to the intervention of his energy of the nothingness., the color of the lightning had been modified.

His weak but power-filled voice resounded with a deep rumble that shook the air on the battlefield.

"Well, how about we dance...?".

His opponents around him shuddered as an invisible pressure hovered in the surrounding atmosphere that hindered their breath.

"Commence the attack!" the middle-aged man ordered forcefully. He knew Nader would not surrender, so the only option ahead was to kill him.

Without waiting, the warriors began to run with all the stat points they possessed. Their expressions were dark and a bit fearful.

The mages behind them began muttering magic words while the mages who specialized in healing stood at a distance not too far away watching carefully in case the warriors got hurt.

Nader stomped to the ground and, with a white blur, disappeared from his spot, leaving a white and red stain in his wake.

In a second, his silhouette appeared in front of a soldier charging toward him. Mercilessly, he swung his sword and cut him in half.

At the same time, he unfurled the pointy white pellets floating around and had them shoot skyward before bending towards the mages that were scattered about: either in the streets or on top of the roofs of the houses.