Chapter 06: Status plate

Nader got up early in the morning and dressed in his clothes, once he was dressed elegantly, he cut a part of the curtain hanging from the window and tied his hair in a small ponytail. Once everything was done, he left the room and headed to the training field, he was curious about the badges that some people were wearing during the banquet.

He didn't know what it was, but from what he had heard it functioned as an identifier in this world, he also heard the word 'status', which had piqued her curiosity.

The halls were so quiet that with every step he took, he produced echoes that echoed down the long hallway.

After a few minutes of walking, he arrived at the training field. It was about 100 square meters, everywhere on the field were humanoid targets made of straw and wood for the mages and soldiers to practice with.

When Captain Meld became aware of his presence, he raised and waved his hand at him in greeting while a big casual smile decorated his face. Nader returned the greeting with a simple gesture and stood at a distance not so far from him and leaned back on the training dummy.

They waited a few more minutes until finally, the students came like ducklings following their mothers, in this case, Aiko and Kouki. Most of them had tense expressions while the others remained superficially calm.

They all greeted Meld, and also Nader, although most of them were girls as the men were jealous of him.

As they were all present, Captain Meld handed each of them a silver rectangular plate that fit exactly in one hand along with a rather sharp pin.

"All right, we call these plates status plates. As the name suggests, they take various parameters and quantify them for you. They are also excellent identification cards. As long as you have these, you'll be fine even if you get lost somewhere, so don't lose it, you hear?" The knight captain explained.

"Alright, you see on the other side of the plate there is a magic circle inscribed. Use the needles I passed around to prick your finger and spill some blood in the circle. That will identify you as the owner of the plaque. Next, if you say 'Open Status', you will see your current stats displayed on the plate. Oh, and don't bother asking me how it works. No, I have no idea. These things are artifacts leftover from antiquity."

Nader grimaced, he had white blood so it would undoubtedly bring him trouble, he knew that in this world, humans despised the existence of non-humans. It's not like he was afraid of them either, he just didn't want to attract attention, or at least, not for now. He had not yet gathered enough information about this world.

He ignored Captain Meld's next explanations, and when no one was looking, he pricked his finger with the needle. He put his plate under it and made his white blood drip onto it before his tiny little wound was healed, he was left as if nothing had happened.

The formerly silver plate took on a white color that emitted a soft light all around before the white plate emitted a mowing light that forced the others to close their eyes.

A few other students screamed and asked what happened as the reaping light dimmed before disappearing completely. Slowly they opened their eyes again.

'Damn, and here I am wanting to stay hidden.' He cursed and ignored the stunning looks of the others on him as he turned his attention to his white plate, which had several parameters with golden letters and numbers on it.

[Name: Nader
Age: ----
Level: 1
Job: Integrator.
Strength: 550
Vitality: 525
Defense: 575
Agility: 500
Magic: ?????.
Magic defense: 575
Skills: Fusion of S. and T., Limit Break, Language Comprehension]

Nadir looked at the stats that were written on the plaque with a little surprise in his heart.

'Mmm, it has a similar function to my system, although it was inferior... besides, the stats of a normal human of this world shown on the badge is 5, however, in my system, the stats of the principle that belongs to a normal human is 1, which makes my systems was much better to use it.' He compared the plate in his thoughts.