Reality Check Gone Wrong

i wanted to thank u guies in advance for suffering through my horrible beginning to this chapter, but I promise, by the end, you'll understand why I'm excited for this chapter! please lemme know what u think! and thanks to all for reading! i love reading all ur comments :)

          What? I loved him? No, no, no, no, no! I had a childish crush on the boy I had grown up with. It was nothing more than that, a simple, small, crush. But how come it doesn’t feel that way? My annoying heart asked and I sighed. It was right, but my brain told me I was with Niall, and I loved Niall, right? No, I loved him. That was it; end of story, the end, buh-bye, nothing else, period, exclamation point.

            “Uh, Care-Bear?” Harry spoke out, breaking me from whatever trance I seemed to be going into a lot lately.

            “Yeah, huh sorry.” I broke eye contact with Josh who was growing a fierce blush across his fair cheeks, and turned to face the crowd. “I just wanted say before I go off and discover thirty new ways to kill Josh for embarrassing me like that, that he was my first love as well.” The crowd gasped and I dared not to look at Niall. My boldness was getting the better of me and I didn’t show that side of myself very well. “And…” I added, waiting for them to quiet down. “That I still love him, but only as a brother-figure.” I turned and smiled curtly at him before turning on my heel, walking over to Niall, pecking him swiftly on the lips, and finally walking off stage.

            “What. The. Hell. Was. That?” Angel bombarded me as soon as I was out of view of the audience.

            “What?” I asked innocently, secretly afraid of what scolding I was about to get.

            “That,” she pointed out towards the stage. “Was the ballsiest thing I have ever experienced. But you do realize you’re a dead girl walking, right?” she asked with a smile and I choked out a laugh of relief.

            “Ballsiest isn’t a word Angel,” I pointed out, attempting to change the subject from angry fangirls chasing me down with pitchforks and stabbing me to death with “I Heart 1D” pins. The image itself gave me shivers.

            “It’s my word, and stop trying to change the subject. You do realize you’ll probably need witness protection. A new identity, new hair and clothes, and you will never be able to sing again. Or see me, or Niall, or Josh for that matter! God! Think of the fan sites, I can practically feel them exploding with the “1D Love Triangle”! Who do you ship? Niara or Jara?” she rambled on and on until I finally slapped my hand over her mouth and she licked it lightly.

            “OK, first of all, those are some seriously wrecked ship names; you need some help on that. Also, let them talk, I don’t care! Josh professed his love to me on stage! I feel like I'm in the fucking Hunger Games! Well, nobody’s thrown me bread in the pouring rain when my dad died but the concept is the same! I was stuck between two incredibly hot and very protective guys who only wanted the best for me.

            “Reality check!” Angel squealed before slapping me straight across the face, I instantly felt the sting and grabbed my reddened cheek, glaring at Angel who had a hint of a smug little smile across her perfectly glossed lips.

            “What the hell!” I yelled, getting shushed by one of the stage managers who pointed to his microphone that transmitted to the boy’s ear pieces.