The hottest day of the year -E.O

Start from the beginning

"Babe?" Was heard again.

"Coming." She yelled back. "Let's go see mommy." This time she said it quieter. 

"There you are." Lizzie said as soon as Emma stepped foot into the house, via the back door. 

"Hello." Emma smiled so brightly when she saw her girlfriend. 

"Hi. What were you doing?" Lizzie asked while eyeing her girlfriend.

To be fair, Red wasn't the only one covered in dirt. Emma was as well. She even managed to get dirt on her stomach and forehead.

"I was in the garden, taking care of the plants. The weeds are all gone." She responded with a proud smile.

"Aw baby, you didn't need to." Lizzie said softly. 

"But I wanted." Emma smiled.

Someone else cleared the throat behind Lizzie, and Emma finally broke her gaze from Lizzie. She saw the living room filled with people, which instantly made her anxious and awkward.

"Hi?" Emma addressed the room.

"Babe, I told you they would come here to have dinner with us." Lizzie kept her eyes on her girlfriend, making sure she was fine.

"You did?" Emma asked confused while furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I texted you about it. Right after I asked you to make a big meal." Lizzie giggled softly at her girlfriend. 

The awkwardness was one of the reasons she fell in love with Emma in the first place.

"Oh, well, um. I have no idea where my phone is, to be honest with you." She replied while blushing a bit. All of the attention in the room was on her.

"Anyway. Everybody, this is my girlfriend Emma. Emma those are my co-stars and friends." Lizzie introduced everybody. 

"Um. Nice to meet you guys." Emma said shyly.

She thanked God that she had Red in her hands, so her trembling hands had something to do.

"Okay, you go take a shower and I'll get the table ready." Lizzie turned to her girlfriend.

At the word 'shower' Red managed to escape Emma's hold and run up the stairs. 

"Red, no!" Emma yelled after him but it was too late.

"You'll have to wash him too, you know?" Lizzie chuckled.

"Yeah, I know." Emma sighed but gave Lizzie a small smile. 

"Go take that shower. You managed to get dirt even on your nose." Lizzie pointed out. 

Emma nodded and went to turn around. She didn't get to take a step before Lizzie grabbed her hand. She was about to ask the blonde if everything was alright before Lizzie grabbed her chin with her index and big finger, and gave Emma a kiss. 

"Now you can go." Lizzie said with a cheeky smile. 

"Well, thank you, my lady." Emma bowed before sprinting up the stairs. 

As expected, Red sat patiently outside the hall bathroom. 

"Come on, boy. We need to get you all cleaned up, or else mommy would be upset with both of us." She said while picking him up. 

In no time he was done. Emma dried him up with a towel before putting some protection on his ears so she could blowdry him. 

After he was done, she let him out and started the water so she could take a quick shower.