HM Epilogue

(A/N: We're gonna follow Ingrid's adventures in the woods after Hollow Mind)

"Hunter!" I yelled as I started to break out into a jog. I'd been here for what seemed like hours. I was getting tired and hoarse.

Then I remembered I'm doing this for Hunter. I adjusted the Emperors Coven clip on the cream cloak I was wearing and ventured forth.

I didn't know what I would encounter in the woods, but I really hoped two of the things I did encounter were a little red bird and a blonde boy who just realized his purpose in life was a lie. I breathed out a sigh. Why was Belos doing this and lying to the Grimwalkers?

I started to process what happened in Belos's mind further. Was the person the Golden Guards were cloned from Belos's brother? Is that why he had Hunter believe he was his uncle? What did he mean by Hunter being a little too much like the original for falling for a witch?

That's when I remembered the memory of my first time meeting Hunter. Was mom so mean to me because she blames me for her and Xavier being in debt that doesn't even exist? Shouldn't she know better than to make deals with a dictator?

I took a breath by leaning against a tree. I really hoped Hunter was doing okay. But, that's why I'm out here, to make sure he's okay and hopefully guide him to a temporary home while I go home. I imagined that I would be interrogated by Nibi and Darius when I get back since I was in Belos's mind.

I felt a tickle on my neck and tried to itch it but I burnt my finger. I looked up and saw a nest of fire bees looking right at me.

"N-Nice fire bees. I come in peace." I stuttered out as I grabbed my flute to but them to sleep, which wasn't successful. "Uh oh." I took off as they chased me. They caught me in an instance and stung me while burning me. "Agh!" I exclaimed as I patted out a flame on Hunter's cloak. I mean, the Golden Guard's cloak since it wasn't Hunter's anymore.

When the fire bees left, I stood back up and cleared up most of my stings and burns by a chord strum. I walked out further. Better be worth the hassle to find you, Hunter, 'cause if it's not, I'm hexing you into oblivion.

I took a step only to be slightly jerked back. I looked back to see a one of Bat Queens babies gnawing on the cream cloak. I tugged it out of its mouth and tried to go further, only to be stopped by her other babies, who were biting it much harder.

"Can I please go on?" I asked as they started to fly away, with the material still in their mouths. "Hey! That's not yours! Well, it's not mine either but...why am I trying to reason with babies?" I tried yanking the cloak out of their mouths but I only budged a bit. If I had my full energy, this wouldn't be an issue.

That's when I got an idea. I cleared my throat and hoped for the best that this will work.

"Come little children
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows
Follow sweet children
I'll show thee the way
Through all the pain
And the sorrows
Weep not poor children
For life is this way
Murdering beauty and passions
Hush now dear children
It must be this way
Too weary of life
And deceptions
Rest now my children
For soon we'll away
Into the calm and the quiet
Come little children
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows"

They were under my spell and were in an emotionless state. They dropped the material of the cloak and left them confused as I ended the melody. At least that was enough to satisfy them.