Escape Of The Palisman

Students were being lined up to get on a dragon bus for Grudgby. I saw Luz running toward it but not paying attention.

"Hexside's gonna wreck your side. Huh, no. Hexside is the best side in the west side." She muttered to herself as the bus bit her, roaring. "Ah! Friends." Luz said, approaching us.

"Whoo‐hoo!" Luz and Willow cheered.

"Game day roar!" Gus and I exclaimed.

"Happy game day, fellow, uh... Are we Hexidians? Hexies? Hexoleos?" Luz gasped.

"Actually, most people call us... winners." Willow gloated.

"Grudgby games are the best. The players go through these action‐packed trials. And the audience gets to wave flags. Look, I practiced." Gus explained, pulling out two flags, turning them in a circle as he waved them and hummed.

"Is it weird that Ingrid and I aren't wearing anything Hexside?" Luz asked, looking at her hoodie.

"Who said I wasn't." I said with a smile and took off my hat and mask, revealing my face littered with Hexside colored face paint.

"Besides, um, it's weirder that you're wearing Glandus colors." Willow pointed out.

"Get ready to be creamed, Glandus nerd." A giant guy said.

"Hey! I'm a Hexside nerd. Gotta change out of this shirt. Where can I get a Hexside one?" Luz asked.

"I know. There's a lost and found box in the cafeteria." Gus informed.

"Ah! The lost and found. Where mouthguards go to retire." Luz said, running inside. She came back in full Hexside attire. "Goooo, Hexside!" She cheered while doing the splits. "Well, I never did that before. Uh, where is everyone?" She looked up at the dragon bus is flying away.

"Hexside rules!" The same boy from before cheered.

"Oh, no! Come back! Why didn't you guys board the bus?" Luz asked.

"We weren't going to leave you behind." Willow said.

"That's bad friending." I added.

"I was." Gus muttered.

"Gus!" Willow scolded, poking her elbow into his side.

"Can we walk to Glandus?" Luz asked.

"We'd never make it in time. Glandus is..." Gus said, rolling his flags and pointed with them, "all the way out in the middle of the island."

"Typical Glandus." Luz scoffed.

"And my parents are working, otherwise I'd see if they could give us a ride on their staff." Willow admitted.

"And if I asked my parents, you'd all hear a lecture from my mom, detailing why she was right and why hybrids can't have friends until they can protect themselves or get a staff." I mumbled. "Then my Nibi has business to attend, or I would've asked them."

"A staff... because staffs fly. Of course. I can get us a staff." Luz said.

"You can?" Gus questioned.

"Yes, come on." Luz urged, grabbing mine and Willow's hands and running off with us. She brought all of us to The Owl House and told us to wait outside while she retrieved the staff. She opened the door and gestured to the sky with the staff, hitting the palisman against the house. "To Glandus High." Luz announced as the owl hooted. "Oh! Sorry, Owlbert. It's okay. We're just on our way to help some friends."

"Ooh!" Willow, Gus and I gasped.

"Who's ready to board Air Luz?" Luz asked as we all boarded the staff.