Understanding Willow

"Prepare thyself to do battle like a human! Thumb war!" Luz exclaimed as her and Willow started fighting with their thumbs.

"It's funny 'cause it's stupid!" Willow laughed.

"You want in, Ingrid?" Luz asked.

"I'm gonna pass, but only because I'm getting to a really good part in my book." I answered.

"But...it's poetry." Luz said slowly.

"I know, who wouldn't like to read metaphors about life and eternal suffering?" I asked in a monotone.

"I know I would." Luz said, making the three of us giggle.

~Amity's POV~

"It's so weird that a human goes here now. Too bad she's already burned her social life at the stake. Any friend of Willow's is an automatic dork." Boscha said as her invite started molting. "Ugh! Skara! Why did you give me an invite that was molting? Gross! Give me another one." She threw the invite on the floor, making two younger kids fight for it.

"An invitation to Skara's party! I want it!" The first kid gasped.

"I want it!" The other yelled as they went back and forth.

"It's mine!"

"No it's mine!"

"Oh. Kid fight!" A teacher exclaimed upon finding the kids.

"Kid fight?" Another teacher asked.

"Kid fight!" The detention teacher exclaimed.

"Hey, I was thinking of giving an invite to Ingrid Lilith-Whispers." Skara threw out.

"The Cursed Giant?! Why would you want her at your party?" Boscha asked.

"She's pretty cool when you get to know her. Morbidly terrifying, but cool." Skara answered.

"I wouldn't want that freak within 39 and a half feet of me!" Boscha said, enraged.

"At school she seems all gloom and doom, but outside, she's really sweet." Skara said.

"You've been to her freak house?!" Boscha asked.

"Isn't it that old mansion out in the distance?" I asked.

"Yeah, but not that one, her other house." Skara said. "And her and her parent, really helped me perfect this cord I was working on."

"What a traitor." Boscha said, shaking her head. "I don't associate with freaks."

"And Blights only associate with selected few." I said as Skara looked down. I didn't want to say these things, and I honestly think Ingrid would be good at many things if her family curse was resolved, but I have to keep my guard up and call her 'Freak'.

~Ingrid's POV~

Willow, Luz and I stopped at Luz's locker before our photo class.

"Oh my gosh Willow, I'm so excited for photo class! I can't believe you can make pictures of your actual memories! I'ma see me some baby Willow!" Luz exclaimed as she opened her locker.

"I'll admit, I was adorable." Willow admitted.

"I was ok." I mumbled.

"Aww, someone's shy." Luz gushed as she tried to take a book out of her locker, but it bit down on it. "Don't eat that." Luz pulled at the book but fell.
"Whoa!" The locker ate the book, hissing.

"Hiss!" Luz hissed back as she stood.

"I can't believe she'd even hang out with them! It's just embarrassing. 'Oh look at me! I'm going on a date with my ferns and dead people statues!'" Boscha mocked while imitating glasses with her fingers. Skara laughed as she, Boscha, and Amity passed us. Willow and I wilted in embarrassment.