"I'll take care of everything, mummy. I'll talk to him about this. Don't worry. Bye." She said quickly so that she won't come out as well.

Her mother didn't respond but the worry was clear in her eyes too. So, Sneha shut the door gently behind her back.

Turning around, she faced the arrogant man.

Sneha walked toward him as he was sitting inside the car. This time, he didn't come out like he generally did. He was wearing shades, so she couldn't read his expression too. But, from the stiffness of his jaw, she could sense that he was angry.

But, shouldn't she be the one to be angry at him, instead of the reverse? She wondered. After all, she was the one to lose the job!

Sneha stood in front of the passenger seat and contemplated whether she should sit in the front seat or in the back seat. Sensing his off mood, she decided to go with the back seat. So, she held the handle of the back door and pulled at it to open the door. However, it was locked.

So, she looked at him in doubt. Viraj sighed at realizing her intention. He looked sideways and motioned towards the front seat through his head.

So, she opened the front door and carefully entered.

"Wear the seatbelt." He ordered without sharing any greetings.

She concluded that he really was angry... that too most probably due to their phone conversation.

So, she pulled the seat belt and buckled herself properly.

Without another word, Viraj stepped on the accelerator and started driving. Sneha felt uneasy as he remained silent and just focused on the road. His behaviour reminded her of his older self to which she was very well accustomed. But, for her, this was still better than the strange behaviour that she witnessed in the cinema hall.

However, the prolonged silence did intrigue her. So, unintentionally, she took a deep breath and then suddenly got the sense of the odour of a sweet fragrance. Curiously she looked sideways when she saw a bouquet of white roses in the back seat, resting peacefully. Due to the tinted windows, she wasn't able to see them from outside. But, now that she did, she wondered for whom these roses were for. Had it been for her, he would have given it to her already. Since he hadn't, doubts arose in her mind.

'Is it for Nupur? Did she successfully convince him?' She wondered hopefully when she heard him speak.

"Yes, those are for you." Viraj said as he saw her look at the flowers.

Her hope crashed immediately.

"Viraj...I wanted to talk to you...about..." She started but got scared when he suddenly parked the car under a nearby tree on the not-so-busy road.

"Wh.why did we stop?" She asked in fear while expecting the worst. She actually thought he was about to shoot her. The sight of his gun on the dashboard wasn't helping either.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked as he removed his shades. His gaze was as cold as his voice.

Half of her confidence vanished under his heated gaze.

"I...The job is important t..."

"And I said you will not work. What part of it do you not understand?" He asked strictly.

Sneha looked at the gear uneasily as her heartbeat accelerated. She didn't have the courage to say anymore. If anything, she just wanted to run away from him.

"Anything else I need to clarify?" He asked when she didn't reply.

"No." She answered almost inaudible in fear.