• Chapter Twenty- Eight •

"Bring me Navya and Richard's phones immediately!" Manik demanded

"I managed to grab his phone and switched it off while he was trying to call the cops," Cabir informed, handing over Richard's phone to Manik.

Impatiently, Manik turned on the phone and found seventeen unread messages from Nandani. With a wicked smile on his lips, he opened the most recent text, sent just four minutes ago.

"Rich, how are things there? I've been trying to reach you and Navya for the past two hours. Why are your phones switched off? I'm worried! Please reply to this message as soon as you read it. Aryaman and I have reached his farmhouse an hour ago. Our flight to London has been confirmed. We'll be leaving at noon today."

"Abhi, get me the location of Aryaman's farmhouse now," Manik exclaimed. "I found her. I've finally found the love of my life."

"Yes, Boss," Abhimanyu said as he quickly left the house.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"Please stop panicking, sweety," Aryaman whispered as he gently stroked Nandani's back. "Have some water."

"I'm afraid, doctor. I'm worried about Navya and Richard. It's been almost three hours now and they haven't responded to my messages or called me. Their phone is still switched off," Nandani lamented. "I believe we made a mistake. We shouldn't have left them alone. I shouldn't have been such a coward. How could I have risked their lives to save mine? How could I have been so selfish?"

"Goodness, I'll never forgive myself if something happens to them. It's entirely my fault--"

Aryaman interjected, placing his index figure gently on her quivering lips.

"Hush, not a single word more," he ordered his voice firm yet gentle.

With a tender touch, he brushed away her tears and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. "Nandu, I reached out to Damon and asked him to check on Navya and Richard. We will hear from him shortly. I have a strong feeling that they are safe and sound. Now, my dear, take a deep breath and let yourself relax."

                            ❉᯽❉

Manik sat in his car, leaning against the window, his eyes shut tight. His hands quivered, his breath came in ragged gasps, and his heart pounded against his chest.

"You'll never have me, Lucifer. I despise you. You are a heartless devil." "One day, you will be destroyed, and the entire world will see your destruction. I curse you, you monster."