• Chapter Two •

In the dark corners of France lurks a terror, the cold-hearted devil- Manik Malhotra

In the dark corners of France lurks a terror, the cold-hearted devil- Manik Malhotra. He rules as the merciless mob boss of the renowned gang, 'The Black Cobra'. His hands are stained with the blood of his victims. People call him Lucifer, for he takes pleasure in callously killing people day after day. Yet, he roams free, unchallenged and untamed, for none dare to defy him, knowing the dire repercussions that await.

Mothers whisper tales of his atrocities, as they tuck their children into bed. Prayers on the lips of people, fervently hoping to never cross paths with this monster. Even the cops tremble in fear at the mere mention of his name. He is described as a sadist, finding pleasure in inflicting incredible pain upon others.

Whispers echo through the streets, claiming that he is a lunatic, who, at the tender age of ten, mercilessly took the lives of his parents. Since then, his insatiable thirst for blood has led him to take countless lives, turning it into his favourite pastime.

He has tousled jet-black hair, which is thick and smooth. His dazzling ocean-blue eyes are spellbinding. He has angular cheekbones and a well-defined chin and nose. Muscles rippled across every part of his body. He's the kind of guy that every girl fantasises about. He is a devil in disguise.

"Buddy, the cops are here to meet you," Cabir, his best friend, entered his room to deliver the news.

Seated in the shadows, an evil smile slowly spread across his face. "Is that so?" he sneered.

"Manik. They've come to arrest you for killing the boy last night," Cabir revealed, concerned. "They claim to have an eyewitness to the murder."

Manik erupted into a fit of maniacal laughter, the chilling sound echoing through the room.

"You are laughing amid a terrible situation?" Cabir exclaimed, bewildered. "How can you?"

"Cabir...Cabir...Cabir..." Manik winked. "Do you think the cops will be able to keep me locked up for too long?"

"Nevertheless, Manik..." Cabir tried to interject.

"My name is Lucifer. Nobody has the power to confine me. Let me deal with those douchebags!"

With those words, he descended the grand staircase, ready to face whatever awaited him.

"We've got the arrest warrant, Lucifer. If you don't surrender, we'll have to shoot," the officer warned his hand firmly gripping his gun. "You've mercilessly taken the lives of countless innocent souls. Now, it's your turn to die."

"But what have I done? I'm just a respectable businessman," Manik protested, his voice tinged with naivety as he reclined on his  crimson couch, cigarette in hand.