• Chapter Nineteen •

"What's your fucking problem, Mr

"What's your fucking problem, Mr. Dhawan?" Manik seethed. "Why the hell are you giving me that damn look?"

Cabir, undeterred by Manik's outburst, confronted him directly. "Let's cut to the chase, man. Did you abduct Nandani?" he inquired, his tone firm and accusatory.

Manik, his anger boiling over, retorted. "Hell no! Why the fuck would I do something like that?" he growled. "Don't you trust me, goddamn it?"

Abhimanyu, trying to ease the tension, chimed in. "Listen, buddy, I think Nandani might have left the country."

Manik, took a sip of his whisky to numb the pain. "Out of the blue? And why on earth would she do something like that?" he questioned.

"Perhaps to get rid of you," Abhimanyu replied.

"I second you, Abhi," Mukti added. "I am certain she has fled from France to save her life."

Manik interjected, "No, that ain't possible, guys. Nandani, she's no coward. She's a strong woman, she would never flee. If she had any intention of escaping, she would have done so long ago."

Adam, probed further, "So, mate, any idea of where she might have been?"

Manik's tone softened, "Honestly, I'm clueless. But my heart tells me that she's enduring unimaginable pain, wherever she may be."

"Fear not, Manik. Our men are searching every corner, leaving no stone unturned. By the break of dawn, we shall find some clues that will lead us to Nandani's whereabouts," Cabir reassured him.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Why have you brought me here, motherfuckers?" Nandani screamed at her captors. Her eyes darted around the dimly lit room, searching for any escape.

The blond-haired man, standing beside her, forcefully silenced her by shoving a handkerchief in her mouth. "Your shrill voice is like nails on a chalkboard," he sneered.

A muscular man emerged from the darkness. He was 6'4 with jet black hair and chiselled face. His body was covered with scars and tattoos.

"What's the noise, Boris?" the man's voice boomed.

Boris, running his fingers through dishevelled hair, grumbled, "Boss, this girl is a pain in the ass."

The boss's eyes narrowed. "Listen closely, little girl," he growled. "If you want to see another day, you better learn to keep that pretty mouth of yours shut."

With a surge of courage, Nandani managed to mumble, "Ba...stard...... Le....eave...m..me"

As Nandani felt the handkerchief being forcefully removed from her mouth, she locked eyes with her captor. "You son of a bitch, I am not afraid of your empty threats," she snarled. "Stop barking like a dog, and shoot me if you're a man."

Boris leaned in closer. "Do you even know who you're speaking to, girl?" he hissed.

"I don't even want to know who the fuck he is" Nandani retorted. "Release me now. I am warning you for the last time or the consequences won't be good."

A sharp slap landed on Nandani's cheek, causing her to gasp in pain. The boss's grip tightened on her hair as he growled, "You whore. Never dare to speak with me in such a manner. I will cut your tongue."

"You bastard," she exploded. "I will speak to you in this manner because it is what you deserve."

She received another slap.

"I would have slit your throat open right away if I weren't so compelled. 24 HOURS. You have only 24 hours to live. And I swear to you, chérie, these remaining hours will be the most painful of your life!"

"Break her bones. Beat her until she can no longer stand on her own two feet," the boss commanded, before leaving the room.

━━━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━━━

Manik was boozing, when his phone rang. Looking at the number, he scowled.

"Why the hell did you have to call me?" he bellowed angrily, reluctantly answering the call.

"Well, well, Lucifer. How's life treating you, my old friend?" the voice on the other end spoke calmly.

"I should be asking you that, Harshad," Manik laughed. "I've destroyed your empire, killed your most loyal men and your favourite whore. I've confiscated your ship filled with the most costly weapons and drugs. I've even managed to take away your clientele. How does it feel to have your world crumble beneath your feet?"

"You know that I don't cry over spilt milk, my friend," Harshad replied. "Today, I am on cloud nine. Do you not want to know the reason behind my happiness?" Harshad paused for a while before speaking. "Ah, it is Nandani Murthy."

Manik was frozen at his place.

"Your whore is drop-dead gorgeous. Did you buy her from an auction? I intended to fuck her, but she has a loudmouth. And you already know how much I despise such people."

"Touch her, and you are dead," Manik seethed.

"Do you not remember how you killed my girlfriend five years ago? Now, it's my turn, Lucifer," Harshad whispered. "You have a mere twenty-four hours to save her, and the time starts now."

"Harshad, leave her. You have enmity with me, so why involve her?" Manik shouted, but he hung up the phone.

"NANDANI," he wailed.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"I'm worried about Nandani. It's all my fault; I shouldn't have left her alone," Navya sobbed.

"Don't burden yourself with guilt, Navya. It's not your fault," Richard consoled, tenderly pressing his lips against hers.

"Where could Lucifer have hidden Nandani?" Aryaman raged. "I will kill him if he hurts her."

"Calm down, Arya. We shall not let any harm befall Nandani. Have faith in the Almighty and trust that the cops shall locate her soon," Richard assured.

"I reached out to Priya. She's coming to France tomorrow morning," Navya apprised. "She has some information regarding Nandani's disappearance and the tragic demise of Dhruv."