• Chapter Ten •

Nandani sat frozen in her place as she listened to Manik's confession

Nandani sat frozen in her place as she listened to Manik's confession. "Don't...don't touch me. Keep your filthy hands away," she recoiled, her movements becoming more cautious.

But Manik, driven by his twisted desires, pulled her forcefully into his chest, his grip firm.

Nandani tried to slap him, but he grabbed her hands and pinned them above her head, thwarting her attempts. "No, baby! Never raise your hand or speak to me like that. My love for you is immense, and I would never want to cause you harm," he warned.

"Fuck you. Fuck your love," she spat at him.

Manik wiped his face with a handkerchief and exploded into maniacal laughter. "You want me to fuck you? Oh, baby, I'd be delighted to do that."

"You sick pervert, let me go," she yelled as Manik nuzzled her neck and inhaled her sweet feminine scent.

"Do you know, how good you smell, mon amour?" he nibbled on her ear and whispered.

"What a disgrace for the mother who gave birth to a bastard like you. If I had been at her place, I would have killed you," she said vociferously.

Manik moved back listening to her words, his body quivering. He stood numb. Tears welled up in his eyes.

"You are a sick bastard who murdered his parents, killed innocent people and who molest women. I love Dhruv and will continue to do so until the day I die, did you hear me?" She screamed angrily.

"Yes, I know you killed him, but he lives on in my heart. He lives in my soul. My heart only beats for him. Do whatever you want with me, but I'll never be yours. I hate you. I hate you a million times."

A tear trickled down his cheeks.

Nandani's grip on his collar tightened. "Tell me, you monster," she hissed. "Where is Doctor Aryaman? What have your wretched men done to him?"

"Hospital Saint Eloi," Manik's voice quivered, as he divulged the location. "My men have taken him to Hospital Saint Eloi!"

"Stop causing harm to my family, you beast. I'm warning you," she yelled.

When she was about to leave the cafe, his men stood in her way, pointing guns at her.

Nandani yelled angrily, "I am not afraid of these guns, you cowards. Remember, anyone can be a hunter with a gun in hand. But beware, for even a hunter can be hunted down!"

Manik, in an authoritative tone issued a command to his men. "Put down your weapons, all of you," he ordered, his voice gruff.