• Chapter Seventeen •

"What if, my dear, I were to take his life, just as I did with Dhruv?" Manik had a wicked smirk on his face

"What if, my dear, I were to take his life, just as I did with Dhruv?" Manik had a wicked smirk on his face. "It's been an eternity since I killed anyone."

"Don't even think about hurting him! Did you hear me?" Nandani screamed hysterically.

Manik grabbed her ass and whispered, "Mon ange, don't get any closer to me. If I lose control, I'm going to fuck you right now against my car. I'll make you scream my name in ecstasy."

Nandani was angered listening to his crude words. Unable to contain her fury any longer, she slapped the monster standing before her. "Don't you dare touch me again, you pervert? I will never scream your name in ecstasy, but I will make you scream my name in agony when I kick you where the sun does not shine."

Manik's face contorted with rage. Never before had anyone disrespected him, but this girl raised her hand on him. With a fierce grip, he grabbed her delicate arms and pulled her forcefully against his chest, his sharp nails piercing her tender flesh, drawing blood from it.

"HOW DARE YOU SLAP ME? APOLOGISE TO ME, RIGHT NOW."

"Leave my hand, you're hurting me," Nandani wailed in agony, but he didn't care. She had awoken the beast within him, and now she had to bear the consequence of her actions.

Forcing her into his car, he slammed the door shut. Nandani, desperately tried to escape, her fists pounding against the window, her voice crying out for help.

Manik aimed his gun at her. "Shut your bloody mouth, or else I will shut it forever," he screamed. As Nandani fumbled for her phone, it was cruelly snatched away by the devil.

Summoning every ounce of courage within her, she bellowed, "Stop this car you bastard, and give my phone back to me."

Manik sped up the car with a smirk. "Aren't we being a little fiesty! Fear not, for I shall teach you discipline once we get home."

"Please, please slow down," she implored, her frigid hands now quivering uncontrollably, her breaths becoming erratic. The haunting memories of her parents' tragic demise in a speeding car amplified her fear, leaving her eyes teary.

Manik ignored her pleas and drove through the streets recklessly. Nandani closed her eyes, and prayed to God. They had a close brush with death thrice.

Suddenly, he applied the brakes, bringing the car to a jarring halt. Slowly, Nandani opened her eyes, only to find herself standing before a magnificent mansion. Huge men, armed with weapons, stood at  the gate. Manik stepped out of the car, and approached her, forcefully dragging her out.

"Let go of my hand, salaud!" she screamed. With each blow and bite, she fought with every ounce of strength she possessed.

Manik strode into the lavish mansion, throwing Nandani over his shoulder. "Put me down!" she demanded. But Manik's grip only tightened, his fingers digging into her flesh.

As he entered the living room, Mukti, Abhimanyu, and Cabir were astounded.

"Manik, what is happening?" Mukti asked worriedly.

He brushed off her question and made his way to his room.

Nandani's heart raced as Manik forcefully pinned her down on the bed. Fear gripped her, and she cried out, "Don't... Don't touch me."

Manik's gaze softened as he saw the tears welling up in Nandani's emerald eyes. He couldn't hurt her, yet he couldn't let her go so easily, especially when she had hit him.

"How many times should  I tell you not to disrespect me," he asked as he brushed away her tears with his thumb.

"Why are you following me? Why can't you just leave me alone?" Nandani's voice quivered.

"Because, I'm in love with you," he whispered.

"But I don't love you," Nandani's voice rose. "Don't you understand this simple truth?"

"I don't give a damn about what you feel, mon amour. Whether you like it or not, you're mine," he retorted, kissing her on the jaw.

He pulled down her shirt to examine the wound that he had inflicted. He lightly moved his fingertips across it, while she whimpered.

"I am sorry for hurting you last night," he murmured. "I am willing to change, and I will be a good human being for you. I just want you to be mine."

"Did you truly expect I would love you back, after you killed my beloved fiancé," she snarled. "No matter how much you try to change, you will never be able to win my heart."

"His father had given me a contract to assassinate Dhruv. Believe me, I had nothing against him," Manik revealed.

Nandani was appalled listening to him. "No, you're lying. You are a liar. Why would Ram want to murder my Dhruv?"

Manik's heart lay shattered into countless shards as Nandani uttered those two words, "my Dhruv."

He knew that there was no match between them. He was a devil, forever bound to darkness, and she, an angel, a beacon of light and goodness. Manik also knew that Nandani would never be his, yet his obsession with her was growing. This one-sided love was going to destroy her, and at the same time, it was going to burn him too.

Devastation, pain, agony, tears and bloodshed. Yes, this was going to be the end of Lucifer's love for his angel.

 Yes, this was going to be the end of Lucifer's love for his angel