Chapter 26

Sergey's POV

It had rolled around to the 3rd day of me trying to break the girl from her shell , bring her back from the oblivion. After all, I am the one who had done this to her.

Today it seemed different, she had been coming back progressively the last 2 days. And it was happening at a rapid pace.

She was the first to speak, which was out for he normal for her.

"Sergey, I need to tell you firstly that I am completely back to myself. I want to say thank you for all your help"

I wasn't ok happy with her words. She wheeled perfectly fine. As if she had never been sick in the first place.

"So your telling me that you have been okay for the last 2 days and it was all a lie. You weren't sick?"

I swear if she had lied, I would kill her. Soul bound or not, liars are my number one enemy. No matter who they are.

"I didn't lie, I just needed time, you helped bring me back. But I think we should have a serious talk."

What could there be to talk about if she wasn't lying? Had she done something stupid? Did she sleep with some one? Was all of it a fucking lie?

I had never hit a woman, but today I was going too. I raised my hand high out of anger, ready to unleash the Wrath that I had bottled up.

"Go ahead, slap me as your father would your mother."

I slightly stumbled back. How could she possibly know about my mother and fathers relationship. Who was she to judge any one. Some useless bitch that was supposedly made by the gods to protect the creations. But clearly she had only served her own kind.

"How do you know that?"

"I know more than you think Sergey."

I had to stop and think for a moment, lowering my hand. She had peaked my curiosity majorly. What could she possibly know?

"What would you possibly know?"

She was a quick fire with her response. Knowing already what she had to say. And honestly I wasn't ready for her reply.

"I know that your favorite color is blues I know your favorite meal is chicken and dumplings. I also know that you love to swim."

This bitch must have been spying on me, or asked around. She deserves to know nothing of me.

"How could you possibly know anything of me? How do you know such private information that my own coven does not know."

She smiled at me in a remorseful , yet happy way.

"I've known you as a child. Though you clearly do not remember. I used to come on recon for the mission. I happened to stumble across you along the way. I used to bring you snacks and treats every time i visited. I read you books about trains."

I remember... I remember a beautiful woman who would sneak to see me. She brought me happiness in a world of hate. She made me feel safe, feel wanted and understood. But was that really her? There's no way it's her. She is lying to get in my head. And that angers me to no end.

"That was you? You were her, the one I thought to be my secret savior. The one who brought peace to my madness, my anger? The last time I saw you, I was 10... you never came back. I didn't know why..."

She looked at me with sad stricken eyes. And that's when I knew that I had hit home base with her.

"It was because you had died... you never came back because you died..."