Chapter 21

It had been hours of torture. They had beat me around at first. Before breaking my bones over and over. Giving them enough time to heal before doing it all over again. I stopped crying awhile back. Seeing that they fed off my pain. It hurt so badly, and there were times that I though the darkness would take me. That the pain is too much to bare. But I never did...They would take breaks to ask me if I was ready to give in. But I wouldn't.... I wouldn't do it.

I was built to protect everyone, not just one species. Why couldn't he see that? I had dreamed and wished to meet my other half. And after today, I wish I could take it back. I wish I never had met this monster of a man. I'll never forgive him for the pain he's putting me through. I'll never forgive his cold hearted soul.

They laid off after what seemed like hours of breaking me, healing me, and breaking me all over again, they had finally stopped. They didn't care who I was. They either got a Yes, or they would continue on.

I was either with them or without them. And if I was without them, then I would be dead. The prince was adamant about breaking me to his will. But I wouldn't allow it. Never...

Sergey's POV (vampire prince)

When i got news that they had successfully caught the weapon. I was excited. We had loads to do, training to endure. To make the weapon strong. To make it invincible. To make it a true weapon. I would bend it to my will. Have it fight my strongest battles along side my warriors. We would be unstoppable, untouchable. Every one would fear my coven. And when that happens, then we would be the safest. No one would dare challenge us. And I mean no one.

My guards had informed me that it was being held in a cell in the dungeons , and she was still out due to the wolfs bane they had given her.

So I made my way down, to see what I was dealing with. When I had looked in her cell, I noticed that she was awake. It didn't make sense. The dose they gave her should have had her knocked out for a few more hours. I know for a fact because I was the one who had made the dosage.

I couldn't let my emotions show, even if I did feel bad for her. So I put on the hardest face that I had before entering her cell. She was so beautiful. I just wanted to hold her. But I didn't. I couldn't understand what was happening to me at the time. Her scent was intoxicating, and her soul seemed to call out to me. But I refused to listen.

First she eye raped me, then hung her head. I had not expected such a change in reactions. The first thing I did was stated what I wanted. Since that is why she is here. Not for me to protect her, or love her or even care for her

"I was quite surprised that we caught you so easily. It took me years to find you. Your the ultimate weapon. And I want you to fight for us."

She then started to laugh at me. I won't lie, it boiled me to my core with anger. I wanted so badly to hurt her. But I kept my vampiric side at bay. She would get what was coming to her either way, if she refused to help.

She didn't even bother to lift her head before speaking to me. She seemed angry, and I could feel it radiating all around her.

"I would never help you. Only a monster would go through what you did to get me. And I'm sure it was a lot."

She spat at me with venom clearly laced in her voice. She seemed to be shaking a little. Almost trying to control the wolf inside her.

It angered me that she would have the nerve to say such things of me. Even if they were true. I was acting on instincts. I demanded respect, and that meant to always look me in the eyes when speaking.

I was in front of her in a flash. I took my finger and lifted her head so that she could look me in the eyes. Hoping she would see that I'm not to be messed with.

But he second I touched her, I felt the sparks. And the moment she looked me in the eyes, I finally understood what was happening. She was my soul bound, my other half.

But i could careless honestly. I don't need another half, I need a weapon. No matter how much I wanted her. I couldn't have her, wouldn't have her. The upcoming war, and everything I needed her for, outweighed my need for her to be with me. At least that's what I kept telling my self.

I could see the shock in her eyes, the admiration. It had come and gone in a flash. I had to speak up on the matter. To keep what I wanted in check, to keep her in check.

"I know you are my Soul Bound. But I don't care. I don't need you to be my other half. But what I do need is for you to fight for us. To make things right. You either help or you will die."

I could see the heartbreak in here eyes. I could feel it too. Something that our other halves were gifted with. We could feel one another emotions, there wasn't a lot you could hide unless you were truthfully good at hiding or masking your emotions.

I know what I had said was harsh, but it was necessary in every way. She needed to learn that I'm not like the rest. I will put my duties to my Coven above all.

She looked me dead in the eye, and spoke of nothing but truth , because I felt it to my core.

I was angry, I was heart broken, and I didn't know what else to say, other than the gruesome truth. I looked him dead in the eyes.

"I would never help a monster like you. One who denies their Soul Bound. To let them rot in this cell, threaten their life. Your a horrible person. What we're the gods thinking when they paired me with a selfish monster like you. I'll take what ever punishment you give me. But I will not fight for you, or your species."

She seethed, her voice even more laced in anger. It ticked me off. My eyes flashed bright red, indicating that my spirit was fighting to take control. He wouldn't take this kind of disrespect. It took everything in me to hold back. And I had succeeded.

Her last words were barely a whisper. To the point I thought I was hearing shit. And at the time , I was so mad that I didn't put two and two together.

"I wouldn't help you even if I am one of you."

My next words were my last for now. I had a coven meeting in an hour and had to be ready.

"As you wish Zionaiah. As you wish..."

And with that I left the dungeon's, calling upon my 3 guards that usually do the dirty work. I had informed them that they are to break her at any cost. Because to lose a weapon such as her , well let's just say it would be devastating.

I have so much riding on this playing out correctly. I have never wanted a soul bound any way. My father said that my mother made him weak, made him vulnerable. He said that a soul bound only weighs you down.

My mother had killed her self when I was 14. She had went to the gardens, her favorite spot. She then proceeded to take a dose of vancaroot. It was such a high dosage, and enough to take out 3 vampires completely. She got her self comfy and proceeded to die. She didn't leave a note, not a single thing explaining why she had done it.

My father had told me that your soul bounds are toxic, extra baggage. They all die... and when they do, they take you with them. My father became stronger than ever after that day. Ruthless and fearless.

That was until he went power mad. But I'm not like him I'm that way. I just want what's best for my people, my coven. Unlike my father who wanted what was best for him.but I will agree that for a fact, a soul bound makes you weak. I'll use the bond to break her if I have too. She has left me no choice.

So exciting right? She found her soul bound like she wished for. Who knows what secrets lay ahead for these 2, the trials and triumphs they are bound to face.

Vamcaroot: it is poison to vampires, just as wolfsbane is it werewolfs. But it is not the only thing that can harm a vampire. Wooden steaks being one of the major ones.

Thank you all who have continued to read my story and support me. This has been a dream in the making. And I can't wait to write more for you to read. Stick around !