Chapter 12

It had been a few days since the incident... I had to keep my cool, keep my self under wraps. I didn't want them to know that I was on to them...

I had gotten off a little earlier than planned. So I decided I would stop by Giovanni's work just to see him. I walked into the shop and long and behold. The shops second hand really and also the secretary. Mary was wearing a big warm smile like normal "Well hello darling, good to see you. What can I help you with?" She beamed at me. "Hey Mary, how are you? It's been awhile since I've been by. I was wondering if I could see Giovanni for a moment?" She look at me questionably. "Oh Demetria dear, Giovanni simply didn't come in today. I thought you knew he scheduled vacation all week."

Well I guess he had been spending more time with her than I had initially thought. I was trying to put pieces together in my head. Why??? That's all I could think. Why me? Why her? Why was he forced to marry me and by who? And hell let's not forget who's adopted. This is so much shit.

I was brought back to reality when Mary cleared her throat "Are you ok sweet heart you zoned out on me?"
I put on one of my best fake smiles I could muster up.
"Yes Mary, I'm just fine. I probably just got the vacation days mixed up. Silly old me."

We said our good byes, and I left the shop. First things first , I went straight to the office. I pulled up Auroras location, and sure enough she was the home of the mysterious parents of one of my brothers. I wanted to know so badly what she was talking to them about. But sadly , the mic only relays live Feed if I'm within a 500 ft distance. Otherwise it has a small storage for recording and storing the audio.

I had been wanting to get a new mic, one that was better. But I don't have the finances at this time to get one. And Giovanni complains that it's really a waste. I believe in my line of work that sometimes you have to spend money to make money. But Giovanni never thought like me.

After a few hours of mental debate, I decided to head home early. I needed time to think this over , and hopefully come up with some solutions to these problems.

Knowing Giovanni has been the one seeing Aurora, it bothered me. Now I know where he's been disappearing too. Why he was cuddling her on the couch. His all nighter at work, and his vacation time. It's come down to one fact, and that is how I feel. I feel like I've been boring him in our marriage. I don't care much for crowds so I didn't care much for going out. Giovanni on the other hand loved to go to the bar and watch his teams play. There had been times he begged me to go play pool at the local pool hall. But the place was always packed.

Besides with my severe PTSD it was hard to do anything that involved loads of people. Even grocery shopping tended to bother me or get on my nerves. It was like poking a bear with a stick. I hated to be around loads of people and I'm sure they didn't mind me not coming around either.

I decided to grab some Burger King along the way. Food was my second source of happiness when I was irritated or down. It was what I found comfort in, next to Giovanni. But if things got real bad, I could always confide in my dad. After all, we're like best of friends. But now I don't have Giovanni to confide in because he's cheating on me. He's clearly lied to me. And he's kept this major secret for absolutely no fucking reason. It made me so freaking mad. But it hurt too. Not as much I had originally thought it would though. It was weird. Like my subconscious was some what aware already. I know I'll sound crazy. But some times, I swear I feel like there something in me. Like a second me, living in my subconscious. There will be times that a voice , a real freaking voice is speaking in my head. I some times listened. And other times, I pushed it to the darkest depths of my mind. Refusing to accept the fact that there was another voice in my head. But today this voice tells me that I need to be alert. I'm in danger. Of course, I didn't listen. It had no true meaning to me. I would surely know if I was in some time of immediate danger. Like a second sense in a way. Sure I felt un easy about everything I've found out. But I want to know what the fuck is going on.

                    Giovanni's POV

I couldn't afford to tell Demetria that I had taken off all week. I needed this time for my self, and to spend with Aurora. It's been awhile since we have gotten to spend a lot of time together. And Aurora is technically my mate. My other half, born just for me. Made just for me, and crafted by the moon goddess her self. There was no denying that I did love Aurora to death. But I couldn't deny the spark I get with Demetria. I do care for her very much. Even if She never likes going any where or doing anything because of her PTSD. But honestly , it plays out good. I get to take that time to spend with Aurora.

Demetria is just some girl that the king and queen demand I marry and guard. It was my duty to provide for her and care for her. I don't know what kind of hold that Demetria has on these people , because I'm certain that they have never met. Mostly due to the fact she is a human. You can smell it a mile away. So why are they truly protecting her. I see no use of it honestly. I could have lived happily with my sweet Aurora. And settle down and have pups. It's always been my dream. But honestly Demetria is the only one stopping it from playing out. When I first married her. I thought about getting rid of her and making it look like an attack. Just so I can go back home. But after awhile, I had come to adore her in many ways. I guess I'm just not ready to give her up quite yet.

I was currently at home waiting for Aurora to come over. She should be here any minute. I love spending time with her, it's like she has all that Demetria lacks. I was brought out of my thoughts when the door bell rang. I quickly made my way to the front door to let Aurora in.

"Hey Aurora , I'm sorry about the other day. I've just been stressed out with Demetria , and work." I put  on my best smile, the one what swoons the women.

"It's okay Gio, I understand. I've missed you, it's been awhile since we have got to lay around and make love."

Her face lit up full of hope with that breathtaking smile I seem to find my self drawn too. We made our way to the couch for a movie first. This is where most of our foreplay happens.

We were mid movie with Aurora on my lap, kissing me passionately. When I heard something drop to the floor. I was so entangled with Aurora that I didn't notice that Demetria had made her way into the house and was currently standing behind us.

I immediately felt horrible. My heart went out to her, she didn't need to see this. She was never meant to know. I quickly pushed Aurora off of me. Aurora stood dumbfounded before quickly grabbing her things to leave. Leaving me with a very hurt, and upset wife in my wake.

I didn't know what to say or how to react..

SLAP

That hurt like a bitch, my face instantly turning red. Before she made a break for the door. I chased her to the car, trying to get her to stop. Just to hear me out, but from the look in her eye, she didn't plan to hear me out. Not anytime soon. She sped out the drive way leaving me standing there wondering what I had just done.

I decided it would be best to give her time. I couldn't tell her the whole truth, that I was in love with Aurora and her too. Or that my feelings were conflicted. Hell I couldn't tell her that this marriage was forced. And that Aurora was actually my mate. She's a human so she wouldn't know any way. And I definitely couldn't risk her finding out what we are.

It was now 10:30 p.m it had been a few hours since Demetria had busted us together. Aurora was blowing my phone up asking if I told her anything about the forced marriage, or that we were in love. I of course didn't bother to answer her many calls or texts. At this point, Demetria was all that mattered.

I had called and left so many voicemails that her inbox was full. At first my calls would ring through and now all I'm getting is voicemail. I really hope she is okay. And I hope that she will come to forgive me...

I had to save this marriage or my ass was grass... But how do you reconcile a marriage when you have been caught cheating on your spouse with their best Friend. Even if it was my mate who I was cheating with. I was technically on a mission. My mission was to protect this little fragile woman. I didn't cause her physical harm, but definitely emotional trauma. If it gets back to the king and queen then I'm fucked. I'll probably be relived of my duty, or de ranked. I'll be stuck running the training grounds. I hated that damn place. I had once been assigned to it. Before I made it to a high ranked warrior. And also considered a kings guard. It's a very high privilege. I had to do something to make it right. To protect my honor.