Chapter 28

Doyoung's frame became smaller and smaller as he walked ahead. His pace wasn't that fast, but he surely abandoned Haruto behind, for some stupid game. No, it wasn't that actually, his intention probably was to disobey Haruto at that moment.

And poor Haruto just watched that happen. His brain stopped functioning. He had no idea what to do, how to stop Doyoung anymore or simply how to protect the boy he vowed to. Doyoung, once again, became a stranger to him.

And Doyoung, he was mad. He didn't like being kept in the dark. He wished to piss Haruto off, to make him regret not telling him anything, but he too was human. So when he stepped ahead, turning his back at the pained face of Haruto, he was losing himself. The arcade never mattered more, neither did the sudden strong will of taking revenge on Haruto. His heart softened with every step he took. At one point, when he was about to disappear from Haruto's sight with one more step, he stopped.

Because Haruto's month long effort didn't go in vain. It did change things- Doyoung's emotions, his thoughts and how he took actions. He turned around and walked back to the taller, who still looked blank, clueless and extremely sad.

He touched Haruto's arm ever so lightly. "Ruto," he called.

Haruto looked straight into Doyoung's eyes. He couldn't read them, but he knew, Doyoung wasn't the same as he was in the old universe. This Doyoung, he loved Haruto.

With a sudden fall of a drop of tear from his left eye, Haruto embraced Doyoung's frame. The contact broke him even more, and he sobbed, with trembles from time to time. Doyoung didn't understand what had happened. He patted Haruto's back without a clue.

"I'm sorry, Ruto." He uttered. Haruto probably shook his head, but since it was buried in Doyoung's neck, no one could tell.

"Please let's go home for now." Haruto wept, "I promise, I'll tell you everything. Just please, come with me."

"O-okay. I'll go. Don't cry." Doyoung assured him. He heard loud sobs and sniffs and those worried him.

He broke the hug and took Haruto's face in his palm, "Is there something wrong? I don't wanna see you cry, babe." Doyoung wiped his face, only for more tears to fall. Haruto held his hand, taking them away from his cheeks. "Let's go first." He said. His whole being was only worrying about Doyoung's safety at that moment. He couldn't predict anything at that point. Doyoung could be on the street and die, could be on the bus and die, even at home and he could still die!

In hope of knowing everything once home, Doyoung walked by Haruto's side. They took a cab, because Haruto didn't like the idea of taking a bus, filled with so many people. From inside the cab, Haruto kept glancing everywhere every 2 minutes. He had to make sure no one was following them like before.

"Ruto," Doyoung whispered, "Relax, we're not being followed."

Haruto diverted his attention at the young boy. He looked tensed as well, Haruto's behaviour was pretty odd for him. Haruto gave a squeeze on his thigh, "Yeah. Maybe. Don't worry, I'll keep you safe."

Doyoung smiled. Yes, Haruto meant it. But he didn't know how hard Haruto meant it.

The cab eventually reached Haruto's place, overlooking at least 1000 of Haruto's concerns. He paid and took Doyoung inside his house, with a strong grip on his arm.

Doyoung obeyed him until they reached Haruto's room. Once Haruto finished checking every nook and corner for any unwanted, uninvited 'guest', Doyoung spoke, "Ruto, care to explain now?"

Haruto looked drained, his face pale, lips dry. Tear streaks down his cheeks. A strong frown was seen on his face. His eyes were trembling with fear, worry and sorrow. He sat Doyoung down on the bed. He could be lying, Doyoung didn't have to know everything; that would only pain him.