Chapter 4

-

Jeongwoo started high school not long ago, maybe two days or three. Even within this short period of time, he grew popular because of his stunning, rugged look. Girls and boys, everyone flocked around, or simply pointed at him from far away. He deserved it to be honest. He was tall, well proportionate and insanely good looking for his age.

With fame and appreciation, came jealousy. Some senior students, who got so jealous of Jeongwoo, couldn't take it anymore; hence cornered the freshman one day after lunch. Jeongwoo had no idea, he casually just walked and got trapped.

They wanted to destroy his good reputation. And for that, they chose something really cheap and nasty. They planned to make him walk around in his underwear. Because they knew, no matter how popular one could get, making him walk half naked would definitely outshine every other impression of him.

However, Jeongwoo wasn't someone who could be manipulated that easily. He'd rather fight for life than complying with whatever they asked him to do. He wasn't afraid. The other party had no choice but to choose violence. One strong punch fell on Jeongwoo's right cheek, probably creating a cut from the inside. Damn that hurt!

Jeongwoo prepared himself to withstand a thousand more, but not a single punch fell on him anymore. Because they got a visitor soon.

He who was recording the bullying live was also a senior student, he came to Jeongwoo like a guardian, a protector. Obviously, the ones tormenting Jeongwoo had to run because they didn't want their faces to show. Some damage was still done to some of them, and they did have to pay afterwards. But that wasn't the important part. What really mattered there was how Jeongwoo felt a skip in his heartbeat, looking at the victorious smile on his saviour's face. He was in a daze when the guy put down his phone, came to check on the bruise on Jeongwoo's cheek, even when he took the younger to the nurse's office.

Jeongwoo noticed how beautiful he was, with those long lashes, white teeth, full lips and sparkly eyes. He didn't know how it felt to crush on someone, if he did, he would have been certain that the very student was his first ever crush.

And thanks to his live, Joengwoo became more popular; no one dared approaching him again.

-

The same hero, the same beautiful human being was holding a can for Jeongwoo, how could he not smile?

"Thank you." He took the can like a petrified fool. The elder chuckled at that.

"Why do you look so surprised? Can't I come and give you a drink?"

Jeongwoo shook his head, "Of course you can. But I didn't think the famous Junkyu hyung will actually come to me."

The once saviour of him, named Junkyu shook his head and took a walk ahead. Jeongwoo followed him.

"What happened though?" Junkyu asked. Jeongwoo sighed, "It's my friend, he's in a tough situation with his best friend."

Junkyu frowned a little, "Oh. You friend as in the good looking Japanese guy?"

Jeongwoo was surprised, "You know him?"

Junkyu nodded, "Yeah, I saw him with you many times." Jeongwoo made an 'oh' sound. So, Junkyu continued, "Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine."

"Yeah, I hope so." Jeongwoo muttered. Then he realized he should ask Junkyu about himself too.

"Hyung, how about you?"

"Me? I'm fine." Junkyu spoke. Jeongwoo wanted to ask more, he practically knew nothing about Junkyu. But he restrained himself. The fine man like Junkyu must be already taken, he should just stop trying. Junkyu was being kind with him because he was a kind guy, nothing else.

"Well..." Junkyu started, "Do you wanna say anything?"

Jeongwoo shook his head a no. Junkyu looked a little disappointed.

"Okay then, I'm leaving. Don't worry about you friend too much. He's gonna be fine." Junkyu smiled. Although that shook Jeongwoo to the core, he forced out a smile too.

"Okay, hyung. Thank you."

With one last nod, Junkyu went back to where he came from. Jeongwoo just looked at him go, with a sigh leaving his lips.

-

Haruto didn't go back to class after lunch. He felt pathetic. Doyoung's doubt ridden, enraged face was floating before his eyes constantly. Doyoung did him dirty, they were fucking friends.

Haruto knew ways to bunk classes, and with trickery, he crossed the school boundary. He headed home with tons of burden on him. Why did he have to love Doyoung even after all that? Why couldn't he be mad at the said guy? Why was he trying to convict himself of the guilt he never committed?

He reached in front of his house, but he wasn't feeling like going in yet. With fallen shoulders, he took a stroll around. His phone buzzed a few times, Jeongwoo was texting and calling him. But he ignored them, choosing solitude for a while.

He roamed around until sunset. He went back home, but only for a brief while. After having dinner, he came down again. Walking and feeling the cold breeze was helping him clearing the bitterness in his head.

He didn't know where he was walking to. He let his feet guide him. Funny enough, those had a knack to find something extraordinary. Haruto eventually reached a bar, which he would not mind had it been an ordinary one. Well, the bar itself was ordinary. But not the ones entering it.

Haruto saw, at a distance, Hyeri walking hand in hand with a guy towards the bar.

Haruto quickly hid behind the wall, only peeked enough to double check what he saw.

It indeed was Choi Hyeri. She clung onto the arms of a curly haired, tall and buff guy, seemingly rich. Haruto could have assumed they were relatives or something, but the way the guy smirked at Hyeri, particularly looking at her skirt as they neared the entrance of the bar, Haruto knew it wasn't normal.

And Hyeri seemed to be completely fine with that, even though she wasn't of age. Heck, she wasn't eligible enough to enter into a bar yet!

Haruto saw the guy shoving some money at the gatekeeper's hand, and getting inside with Doyoung's 'girlfriend'. He clenched his jaw together.

Choi Hyeri was obviously cheating on Doyoung behind his back.

With anger, disgust and disbelief, Haruto took out his phone. He regretted not taking a photo of them. But he wouldn't just let it slide. Doyoung didn't deserve such treatment.

So, he found his desired contact and dialled in. With a ring or two, the person on the other side picked up.

"Ruto, where have you-"

"Woo, we need to talk." Haruto spoke with determination. 

-

In case if you didn't get it, the first part in italic was a flashback from the past.