Chapter 19

"Ruto, what should we do now?" Doyoung asked in fear. Haruto bit his lips, trying to think of a solution. The taxi driver seemed to guess the situation too, and he started driving faster.

"Excuse me, Mr. Please drive straight, don't take any lane. And stay on the busy road too." Haruto instructed. He neither knew who on their tail were nor what to expect. He just knew one thing- they needed help.

Doyoung saw Haruto dialing the police code, and skilfully informing about the incident. He also asked the police to track their GPS and send help as soon as possible. His planned action gave Doyoung a little hope.

"Who are they? And why are they following us?" Doyoung asked, his eyes were glued to the mirror. Haruto had the same question in mind. He couldn't remember having an enemy strong enough to follow them like that. Were the culprits some kind of thieves or hijackers? Didn't seem so, with that expensive car and the daring stalking. They must have a bigger reason. But what?

"Doyoungie," Haruto held his hand tight, "No matter what, you must stay safe, okay? If they catch up to us, just- listen to whatever they say. Don't let them attack you or-"

"Ruto, why would they attack us, what did we do?" Doyoung sounded even more frightened. His voice was shaking. Haruto gulped.

"I hope they won't. But if, by any chance, they do, promise to keep yourself out of it, okay? I'll deal with them."

"Are you crazy? I can't leave you out with them! You-"

"Sssh." Haruto stopped him. "Don't worry. I guess we won't have to deal with them."

Doyoung focused on the mirror again. The car behind was keeping up with them, but nothing else. No attacking, no overtaking them. Was it just a harmless, creepy stalking?

The answer came soon, in an unpleasant, terrifying way. A while later, when they were counting minutes for a police car to aid them, a high-speed car was seen running directly towards them. It was a four lane, unidirectional road, so it was a big traffic rule breaking for a car to run towards them. However, that was the least of their worries.

"No! Don't take any turn! Just go straight!" Haruto spoke aloud, as he saw the taxi driver trying to avoid the absolute hit that was coming.

"We'll die if he doesn't!" Doyoung cried. The car coming at them was showing no sign to slow down or cut them off. As if, its sole intention was to crash them to death.

The taxi driver tried sliding to the left, to avoid the crash, but the car following them, wasn't harmless anymore. It quickly came by their side, and forced them to go directly at the speedy car.

"Fuck!" The driver cursed. Haruto, who was holding Doyoung's hand tightly, saw with terrified eyes. Doyoung was trembling. The car was just a few feet away. They had to do something!

They saw a small, narrow lane on their right, appearing as a saving grace for them. Without any second thought, the taxi driver took a sharp turn and entered into that lane, both the cars at front and at their side  followed them. The taxi sped up, so did the two cars. Luckily, the lane was too narrow to accommodate two cars side by side. Or else, they must have cornered them.

When Haruto thought about calling the police again, he saw, with pure dread, a dead end. A huge wall practically ended the lane. And their taxi stopped right before it.

They heard the other cars stop too. With fearful eyes, Haruto looked back.

At least four to five bulky, armed guys came out of the two cars. Doyoung scooted close to Haruto, shaking from fear. Haruto himself was scared to death. Was this it? Was Doyoung gonna die? Not in that filthy bar but in this dark, narrow lane? Was all the waiting, trying, sleepless nights crying and praying- for nothing? It wasn't time yet, Doyoung shouldn't die, right?