Chapter 18

Haruto, Doyoung, Jeongwoo- it was a rare event of all three to sit for lunch together, as the second one had always been with his girlfriend before. Well, maybe during their freshman days, they did eat together, but not for long. It highly pleased Haruto that two of his closest friends were with him, together.

Doyoung knew Haruto cared for him. It showed in every little thing he did. Like checking to see if he were eating healthy, drinking enough water, if he were in pain or not. To be honest, Doyoung wished for something more than friendship to be the reason behind all those.

"You ain't eating that?" Haruto pointed at the vegetables on Doyoung's plate with his chopsticks. Doyoung replied negatively.

"Why?? They're good for you." Continued Haruto.

"I don't know. I just don't like-" 

He got interrupted by Jeongwoo's loud gasp. Jeongwoo didn't wanna be that loud, but the excitement- it did its work. Who could blame him though? He was new to the whole texting thing with Junkyu, even the one or two times they chatted, Jeongwoo initiated. It was naturally surprising when he got a sudden text from Junkyu, asking if he were free the next Saturday.

Haruto peeked at his phone. Jeongwoo didn't even try to hide it, he was smiling wide.

"Say yes." Haruto said. Jeongwoo looked at him, a bit shy, "I should?"

"What did he say?" Doyoung asked. Haruto filled him in about the text.

"Of course you should." Doyoung insisted. He had that assuring, happy smile on his face.

"Okay..." Jeongwoo sent a positive reply. Almost immediately, his phone buzzed.

Haruto took no time to see the second text from Junkyu that day.

'Mind Joining my friend's party with me?'

Even Haruto had his eyes wide. Junkyu was bold! Too bold! He liked it. At this rate, his plan to bind him with his best friend would go really well!

"What? What did he say?" Doyoung asked in curiosity. Before anyone answered him, another text arrived.

'If you want, you can bring your friends too! My friend won't mind :)'

"He really wants you there." Haruto teased. Doyoung stood up and walked to them, because no one was answering him. He smirked once he read all the texts.

"Wooooo Jeongwoo yah~" he said in a sing-song voice. Jeongwoo looked even more shy.

"Just say yes," Haruto said. But Jeongwoo didn't listen to him, "That makes me look too eager, you know."

"So?" Haruto asked, "Isn't this a good thing? He'll know that you like him."

"No, Jeongwoo has a point." Doyoung protested, "We must not make ourselves too available." As Haruto stared at him in slight annoyance, he quickly added, "I'm talking from past experience."

Haruto sighed. Doyoung makes everything hard. It would be so nice if Junkyu and Jeongwoo ended up together before his time of stay was up, but Doyoung with his teen logic- an obstacle for him.

"So, what should I say?" Jeongwoo asked. Doyoung thought, and then came up with a pretty good idea, "Just say, let me ask my friends first."

Okay. Not that bad. Haruto liked it.

"Cool... Let me... Ask... My friends... First :)... Done." Jeongwoo said out loud as he typed.

"Let's wait for his reply now." Doyoung said, still standing, peeking at Jeongwoo's phone. Jeongwoo waited, and the text was seen pretty quick.