Chapter 14

^ I love this pic so much! With his blue nails 😭

Doyoung was careful. He tiptoed all the way out of his house. Although he knew Haruto had long gone home, he still checked both of his sides, just in case. Nope. No sign of the younger. With careful, calculated steps, he moved forward.

There was a dim neon light right in front of their door. Doyoung wanted to avoid being seen under that. Hence, he hurried. He successfully dodged that, came back in the dark again. He took his phone out, silenced it. He didn't want anyone to know what he was going to do.

He took a few more steps, then suddenly, he felt a huge weight on him. Someone hugged him tight from behind, with both his strong arms around Doyoung's, engulfing his feeble structure.

Doyoung was about to scream, but one of those fine hands stopped it, placing the palm on his mouth.

Doyoung's heart beat abnormally. He wasn't being kidnapped right in front of his own house!

He felt someone's warm breath on his neck. Whoever the person behind him was, he brought his mouth close to the elder's neck.

"Didn't I tell you to wait? Why don't you listen to me?" Spoke the man, in a low register. His deep, cavernous voice, speaking directly in his ears sent chills down Doyoung's spine. What gave him even more shivers was the fact that he recognised the voice.

It was Haruto.

"H-Haruto... When did you..." Doyoung said. His voice continuously trembling. He was scared.

"I know you well, Doyoungie." Haruto said, this time even closer, his lips almost touched Doyoung's earlobes. Doyoung gulped in nervousness.

"I-I wasn't- going there..." Doyoung lied.

"Oh really? Why were you being sneaky then?" Haruto asked, pulling him closer. Doyoung's back bumped on Haruto's chest. He swore he could feel the rigid abs there. Although both of them were dressed well for the cold night, the warmth from each other's body was transmitted through the layers of clothes. Doyoung didn't know why it gave him goosebumps and butterflies.

"Ruto!" He complained. His tone came out weak, as if it weren't meant to be a complaint at all. In truth, it actually wasn't. Above everything, Doyoung liked it.

"Let's go." Haruto let him go. He had to. It wasn't beneficial for him. Their posture was so romantic that he was barely able to stop himself from kissing Doyoung's neck.

"Um..." Doyoung hesitated, "Can't we-"

"No." Haruto held his hand strongly. "You're going back home."

"But Ruto-"

"Deny one more time and I'm carrying you!" Haruto scolded. Doyoung stopped. Haruto really was capable of doing that. He knew. And it would definitely not be good for his heart, to be trapped in Haruto for a second time.

Doyoung came out with the keys, so they didn't have to ring the bell again. Quietly, they walked to Doyoung's room.

"You waited for me, right?" Doyoung asked. Haruto agreed. He had a strong belief that Doyoung wasn't gonna listen to him.

"You don't have to wait anymore. I won't go anywhere." Doyoung said. Yes, he lied again. He just wanted Haruto gone so that he could sneak out again. Haruto stared at him, read his eyes.

"I know, I don't have to wait anymore." He coldly spoke, "Because I'm staying here tonight."

Doyoung's eyes widened. "Eh? What? No, why?"

Haruto smirked, "Why? Afraid that I'll catch you heading out again?"

"N-No! Of course not!" Doyoung spoke fast, "But why would you... We never did this before."