Chapter 15

Haruto stuck by Doyoung's side all through the first few classes. Luckily, both him and Doyoung had same classes, they even had Jeongwoo joining a few of them. It was efficient for Haruto to stop Doyoung from meeting his 'double faced' girlfriend. He was afraid, that something bad might have happened.

Well of course, Doyoung tried to talk to her first thing in the morning. But Haruto, with his weird convincing agenda, stopped his friend.

"You won't have enough time to hear her explanation." He would say, "And she might find a nice lie to feed you with later on."

"But I really wanna go ask her, Ruto!" Doyoung whined.

"Wait till the lunch break. I bet she'll come to you. You can ask her then, but you have to be by my side." Haruto said.

"Are you afraid I'll do something stupid otherwise?" Doyoung sounded hurt. He pouted, cutely. Haruto chuckled, "No, of course not!" Then ruffling his hair, he added, "I'm afraid she'd be the one playing tricks."

"You really don't like her, do you?" Doyoung fixed his hair. Haruto shrugged. 'don't like' would be an understatement to the hatred he had for the girl that caused his lover's death.

Even if Doyoung tried to disobey Haruto, the younger made sure he'd fail. Therefore, a very impatient, fidgety Doyoung had to wait all the periods until the lunch break arrived.

He prepared himself the moment the bell rang. Haruto was quick to grab his hand. Doyoung asked a 'what' with his baffled eyes.

"Let her come to you first."

"Does it make a difference?" Doyoung asked.

"Doyoung ah, think about it. Isn't it you who always makes more effort in the relationship? What did you get in return?"

Doyoung shut up. He had a hard blow from Haruto's words. He didn't know how deeply he loved her, but he did try. He overlooked so many of her irrational traits because he wanted to be loyal. Turns out, his loyalty was just idiocy in her eyes.

"Just be patient, hmm?" Haruto said softly. Doyoung reluctantly agreed. They were on their way to take their meals but Haruto's agile eyes caught a glimpse of Hyeri, who was probably looking for Doyoung. Before Doyoung could even spot her, Haruto distracted him.

"Hey, you got something on your hair."

Doyoung halted, put his hands over his head, "where?"

"A bit more to the right." Haruto lied. Through the corner of his eyes, he observed Hyeri. She was pretty close to spotting them.

"Is it gone?" Doyoung tried again, Haruto replied a half-hearted 'no.' He saw, the wicked girl finally noticing them and walking their way.

Just before she was about to call Doyoung, and just when Doyoung got frustrated about the fake dirt in his hair, Haruto leaned down and took Doyoung's pouty, heart shaped lips in his own. He kissed the naive boy for the first time in his life.

Hyeri stopped in her track, frozen. Doyoung was also paralyzed initially, but soon got to his senses. His heart was beating like crazy! He should be pushing Haruto away, but he couldn't. Not until Haruto deliberately let go.

And that's when he saw the petrified figure of his supposed girlfriend across from him.

He trembled a little, pushed Haruto whose face was still quite close to him. Haruto stepped back, and faced the girl.

"So you've been cheating on me!" Hyeri accused Doyoung. If it were any other time, Doyoung would have protested because technically, it wasn't his fault. But the memories from last night stopped him. He rather looked at her in ridicule.