Episode Sixteen

"Are you working on any auditions?" Jimin asked after they finished a rather okay meal of pesto pasta for the promised post aquarium meal. The noodles were cooked well and the chicken strips weren't dry, but the glass of white wine really helped make the dish more impressive than it was. 

Jimin blushed over it - he did warn Jungkook that he wasn't much of a cook - but Jungkook didn't seem to mind. In fact, he finished the whole plate and smiled. Jungkook found it charming that he finally found something Jimin wasn't a God at. 

"We can practice your scenes if you want?" Jimin offered.

"You'd do that?" Jungkook answered, eyes wide as he leaned back in his chair, pushing against Jimin's table to make it tip slightly. It'd gotten dark outside as they talked over dinner but neither boy seemed to notice the time pass.

Jimin blushed before running a hand through his hair. Was Jungkook always this cute?  He watched Jungkook furrow his brows, lips parting to reveal a little surprised grin like a bunny. Jimin kinda wondered if he should feed Jungkook carrots with how much he resembled the little creatures.

"Okay," Jungkook said, looking through his phone for audition scripts emailed to him. "Alright so this one if for an action drama. I got past their initial audition and now they're doing chemistry checks between the leads. Would you be okay reading a bit of a cheesy actiony romance scene with me? I've done romcoms and romance dramas before, but action is a new genre for me."

"Sure thing, email it to me while I clean up." Jimin said as he got up and started to pick up the dishes from the table. Jungkook immediately bounced up, almost shocking Jimin with the sudden spark of energy, before helping him pick the dishes up and carry them into the kitchen. Jimin snorted slightly, eyeing where Jungkook could possibly have such energy stored when Jimin could only think of curling up under a blanket for the night. It was...cute.

Jimin poured them some more wine before gesturing for Jungkook to follow him back into the living room where the fireplace sparked in front of a lush, fuzzy white carpet and grey couch.

Jimin sat down on the ground, putting the wine on a low coffee table, before pulling up the script. Jungkook sat down across from Jimin so that their knees were touching. Jungkook's hands were shaking slightly. He huffed a breath, rubbing his hand through his hair.

"Hey," Jimin said, "I'm here to help. Don't be nervous."

Jungkook fumbled a smile.

Jimin looked back down at the emailed script, suddenly serious as he took it in with a specialist's care. "Wow, this script is really a turn from A Sprinkle of Love. They should call it A Sprinkle of Sad from this synopsis."

Jungkook laughed a little too loud which caused Jimin to blush and Jungkook reached for the wine to grab a swig of his glass. It tasted light on his lips and the sweetness helped cut through the nerves rushing down his chest. He was about to workshop an audition script with his favorite actor. And now friend. And also crush.

Jimin cleared his throat and Jungkook blinked before realizing he had the first line in the audition. Jimin gave him a little reassuring nod as he put down his phone. The subtle action made the white sweater he'd changed into slip slightly from his shoulder and Jungkook had to shake his head to focus.

"Just take a deep breath, I'm here to support you." Jimin said kindly, putting a palm on Jungkook's knee intending to comfort Jungkook.

The gesture had the complete opposite effect.

"Right." Jungkook said, a quick nod and one last sip of the wine. "Okay, okay I'll start."

Jimin took his hand away and settled into character. His entire posture changed, one more intense and focused on Jungkook, ready to play ball with any line Jungkook would throw his way.